Weekly Reminder: The economy is great, inflation is fake and gas is cheap.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Seems like more people are choosing to not even have a funeral.

Cremation is the newest trend..it is kind of ridiculous to have your body drained, filled with fluids, have someone put make up on, put into an expensive box, have friends and family parade at a wake, buy a 6 X 6 piece of real estate and marker only to have people forget you once the funeral is over with..

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
when-the-oven.jpg

fishtm2001

Cremation is the newest trend..it is kind of ridiculous to have your body drained, filled with fluids, have someone put make up on, put into an expensive box, have friends and family parade at a wake, buy a 6 X 6 piece of real estate and marker only to have people forget you once the funeral is over with..
Funeral homes have gotten hip to the cremation trend and now charge accordingly. A better option might be to donate your corpse to say, the Cleveland Clinic, who will pick up said corpse (within 24 hrs), do what they do and return cremated remains to designated family member. All for the cost of the next day letter used to send in the application.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Funeral homes have gotten hip to the cremation trend and now charge accordingly. A better option might be to donate your corpse to say, the Cleveland Clinic, who will pick up said corpse (within 24 hrs), do what they do and return cremated remains to designated family member. All for the cost of the next day letter used to send in the application.
"Do what they do"
SMH

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Best you check out the scandal Harvard Medical School had last year before going this route.
Seems donated bodies were sold to collectors to do whatever they wanted to do with them.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Legendary hedge fund manager Paul Tudor Jones has said that a 'debt bomb' is on the verge of exploding in the US - due to 'unsustainable' government borrowing.

The billionaire investor said that the economy appears strong - but under the surface it is actually on 'steroids' that are masking major problems like debt.

US national debt is at a historic high - hitting a staggering $34 trillion earlier this year.

'It could be this year, it could be next year. Productivity may mask and it might be three or four years from now but clearly, clearly, we're on an unsustainable path.'

vantexan

Legendary hedge fund manager Paul Tudor Jones has said that a 'debt bomb' is on the verge of exploding in the US - due to 'unsustainable' government borrowing.

The billionaire investor said that the economy appears strong - but under the surface it is actually on 'steroids' that are masking major problems like debt.

US national debt is at a historic high - hitting a staggering $34 trillion earlier this year.

'It could be this year, it could be next year. Productivity may mask and it might be three or four years from now but clearly, clearly, we're on an unsustainable path.'
Likely it'll implode after Trump takes office and Democrats will blame it all on him.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The bill eliminating tax from SSI was reintroduced on the House floor Wednesday. The bill named " You earned it, you keep it act" would eliminated tax withholding from SSI benefits and somehow extend solvency of the program for 20 years. This bill would roll back the taxes placed on SSI from 1983 and change the income levels and benefits paid. As a man getting ready to retire, this looks good to me, but where is the money coming from???
Huge tax increase on high earners if this passes. Will they be raising the monthly payout as well?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Huge tax increase on high earners if this passes. Will they be raising the monthly payout as well?
I'm not collecting until next year at age 70.
I'm holding out to get the max payout, just in case the planned 24% cut happens in 2030.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm not collecting until next year at age 70.
I'm holding out to get the max payout, just in case the planned 24% cut happens in 2030.
7.4% increase every year. @Coldworld is doing that too I believe as a form of insurance for the misses. A spouse bumps up to the higher amount if you make the big punch out and head off the the big hub.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

A wide open field for Amazon…:money:

Up In Smoke

I only read the article and don't know any of the details. Sounds to me that this act would take caps off and possibly means test wealthy participants. The wealthy don't have incomes through which they pay income tax, they instead live from capital gains and or borrow from holdings and pay sustainably lower tax rate on those dollars. Realized and unrealized gains will forever be a tax delema.

vantexan

I only read the article and don't know any of the details. Sounds to me that this act would take caps off and possibly means test wealthy participants. The wealthy don't have incomes through which they pay income tax, they instead live from capital gains and or borrow from holdings and pay sustainably lower tax rate on those dollars. Realized and unrealized gains will forever be a tax delema.
If the wealthy aren't paying income taxes then they're not paying SS taxes either. Their SS payment may be based on when they were working and not making as much. Or if they don't have enough quarters they aren't getting an SS payment anyways. This would directly affect those earning high salaries. Corporate officers usually get nice salaries along with their dividends and stock options.

Up In Smoke

S&P 500 up another 2% for the day yesterday. Biden's economy is in the toilet!
The stock market is not the economy. GDP, employment numbers, house sales, consumer spending/confidence and inflation are better measures of the economy. The market is a good talking point though and people will stomach a little pain if their retirement savings are growing at a solid pace.

Up In Smoke

Can you imagine where the market goes when the treasury rates drop below the average S&P dividend rate and the nearly 7 trillion dollars in money markets are released back into the markets?