We're buying a house.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I'm just curious how much rent would be ?
Here, a 2 bedroom apartment goes for $1000 month.
A house like that... wow.
more like $5000 and up.
Way less than $5,000 and slightly more than $1,000, and NO, we don't want a foreign exchange former UPS'er.

klein

Für Meno :)
It doesn't matter, the U.S. is closed right now......try France

I do have duo-citizenship. Could live and work in any EU country, including France, UK, Germany, Greece, etc.

But, why would I ever want to move ?
Canada, had it's first MONTHLY trade deficit since 1976 this year.
I doubt the yr will end with our FIRST yearly trade deficit.

We are also the second largest Oil Producer in the world, have proven reserves to last us for another 250 years.
Worlds biggest producer of Uranium.
Also, plenty of Gold, Diamonds, and other precious metals, and metals

The worlds biggest producer of agriculture and food products per capita.

It's a country that can't go broke, and the future looks very bright, for children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and more.

I do understand the USA is our largest trading partner, but China is hungry to take that over.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I do have duo-citizenship. Could live and work in any EU country, including France, UK, Germany, Greece, etc.

But, why would I ever want to move ?
Canada, had it's first MONTHLY trade deficit since 1976 this year.
I doubt the yr will end with our FIRST yearly trade deficit.

We are also the second largest Oil Producer in the world, have proven reserves to last us for another 250 years.
Worlds biggest producer of Uranium.
Also, plenty of Gold, Diamonds, and other precious metals, and metals

The worlds biggest producer of agriculture and food products per capita.

It's a country that can't go broke, and the future looks very bright, for children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and more.

I do understand the USA is our largest trading partner, but China is hungry to take that over.
Don't forget Mad Cow, and with the amount of people in China, I think they're hungry enough to do business with anyone. No offense to DS, my Canadian friend.

klein

Don't forget Mad Cow, and with the amount of people in China, I think they're hungry enough to do business with anyone. No offense to DS, my Canadian friend.

The USA had thier share of madcow, too , in that same period. It's over now, was from feed from the UK , I believe.

And, I'm not trying to "hurt" anyone on here. Just giving you some true facts about Canada, and why we are proud of living here.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
The USA had thier share of madcow, too , in that same period. It's over now, was from feed from the UK , I believe.

And, I'm not trying to "hurt" anyone on here. Just giving you some true facts about Canada, and why we are proud of living here.
Yeah, but that doesn't explain the maple leaf flag curtains, bedding and pajama's you're wearing.:surprised: Just playing with ya, klein.

klein

actually, Steve.
Before the housing and banking (mortgage) crunch, you would have easily qualified.
Just bad timing now.
And now the real people, with real earnings, that can actually afford a house, are the big losers from this outcome.

We heard stories up here (I watch all sorts of news - BBC, CBC, CNN, European Journal even local form Seattle, Spokane, Rochester), that mortgage companies we approving homes for the unemployed, Mac D workers, etc).

I guess , just bad timing, but you only have a 1 yr lease... you can go house shopping again in 9-10 mths. :)

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Okay, so we've been turned down on the house deal and have opted to rent a house. We've found a house that is 2 miles closer to work, 1000sqft bigger and has a swimming pool. We signed the lease today and start moving in tomorrow and should be done by Sunday. I'll have pictures soon. Oh, and for those of you that are curious, PM me and I'll tell you how much the rent is.
Okay, so we've been living in this rental for over a year and just signed a new lease for year #2, in August. Last Saturday when my Wife got home from her first 10k race, someone came to the door and served us with foreclosure papers. Apparently our landlord hasn't paid the mortgage since last May. Oh, the saga never ends. We're currently waiting for the landlord's response to the foreclosure papers and the rent is due on the first. Any ideas on what we should do? I have heard that companies have relaxed a bit on lending, so we may go that route, though the lawyer we called says we have dibs on this property should the owner default.

You would have to check with your local laws. I`ve heard of this stuff happening before and don`t recall anything good about it. I hope this works out for you.

tourists24

Okay, so we've been living in this rental for over a year and just signed a new lease for year #2, in August. Last Saturday when my Wife got home from her first 10k race, someone came to the door and served us with foreclosure papers. Apparently our landlord hasn't paid the mortgage since last May. Oh, the saga never ends. We're currently waiting for the landlord's response to the foreclosure papers and the rent is due on the first. Any ideas on what we should do? I have heard that companies have relaxed a bit on lending, so we may go that route, though the lawyer we called says we have dibs on this property should the owner default.
definitely sounds like something you should listen to your lawyer about, but I would say if you like your current place and you do actually have dibs on the property, then go for that option man. Especially if you dont plan on moving away any time soon...... good luck

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
For starters don't pay him any more rent, since it's not his house. I had the same thing happen to me years ago, came home one day to find the papers taped to the front door.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Not sure what the laws are in Florida but in many states a pre-existing lease has to be honored by the bank at the established rate - check with a lawyer.
And definitely stop paying the previous owner.

DS

Fenderbender
Oh, the saga never ends.

Steve,go to any bank,and tell them your situation.They have the means and the knowledge to give you some options without you paying for a lawyer.
The way I see it.it's not your problem.Maybe moving would be the best option,if your credit is bad see if you can get a mortgage in your wifes name.
On the other hand,if you do have first dibs on your current house,by all means pursue it,but beware.The owner may owe thousands in back taxes or
whatever,and you don't need that.You can buy a home with no down payment at a high interest rate,maybe it would eliminate the headaches.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Steve, as both Hoax and Jones said, do not pay October's rent. You will be throwing good money after bad. Do you like this house? Perhaps the bank would be willing to work with you and your wife on a purchase (short sale) of the property.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve, as both Hoax and Jones said, do not pay October's rent. You will be throwing good money after bad. Do you like this house? Perhaps the bank would be willing to work with you and your wife on a purchase (short sale) of the property.
That's what we're thinking. My Wife and I really like this place, and the location is awesome.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's what we're thinking. My Wife and I really like this place, and the location is awesome.

It would make sense for both sides. You guys wouldn't have to pack up and move, the house is lived in and being maintained, and the bank would not have to go through the foreclosure process. Interest rates are at historic lows and if you are able to close before the end of the year you would have a lot more deductions to help reduce your taxes.