What a joke.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It's pretty sad that these last few supplements continuously vote down the contract... Why should everyone have to wait on our raises and retro checks just because of these greedy people that feel the need to vote down a great contract.
You can thank all the numbnutts who voted yes on this garbage contract, the numbnutts who didn't do any homework who voted yes on this garbage, the numbnutts who didn't vote on the contract because they were too dumb and lazy to vote. The ones who are voting no continuously are the smart ones. Don't hate on the smart ones who actually did their homework and actually give a dam. I totally get it and good for them. Trust me we all want our raises and retro checks but you know what I applaud those members for fighting for what they want and think they deserve. That would be like me asking 1 guy to borrow 10 cents but I see another guy I think I could borrow a dollar from, naturally im going to keep bothering the guy I think I can get a dollar from. You feel what im trying to get at? Keep trying til you get what you want don't settle for less.

The Milkman

So if this contract holdout lasts 5 years, do we still get retro checks? I'm not a huge supporter of this holdout, but I think it would be wrong if the IBT and UPS impasse the contract on them.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Just 3 years, because I will then be 65 and kicked off. But as for now untill it is settled I continue to have the same Great Retirement Benefits that I was told I would get when I hung it up in 08. As soon as it passes my costs will jump....At least in my old Local

Feederquacker

This statement is exactly what the company wanted to happen. You take a few numbskulls, you throw a few pennies at them and all of a sudden the world is golden.

Forget a 4 year progression for part timers that only INCREASES the turnover percentage of our part time ranks, Forget that the company will be able to work utility drivers over 9.5 hours if they dont have a 40 hour route that runs all week. Forget that our premium insurance has been lost and replaced with a "temporary" benefits package that the trustees of both the west and Teamcare will change shortly after the contract is ratified. Forget that the company got improved language in article 6 making it easier to discipline or terminate drivers with electronic devices. Forget that the company is reducing full time jobs and eliminating good paying jobs for employees.

You call it a great contract?

I bet you have less than 3 years with the company.

TOS.
So the insurance as you stated can't be a point of contention. You plainly said that "the Trustees of both the West and Teamcare will change shortly after the contract is ratified". So if you think that is so true, why do you think voting no because of Teamcare will change that? The IBT will be responsible not the contract.

Also, I have to agree with the prescription plan being better in the new contract. I've said it before, we have Brothers and Sisters here that could greatly benefit from that plan. I know one Union Brother who is struggling because his son's meds cost so much and this would fix that. Won't fix his son, but maybe if he had some extra money he wasn't spending on meds, he could do more. Or at least give his son some happier days.

We are not cold hearted people asking for an end to this. Just frustrated with where we are and hopeful for a resolution soon.

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

So the insurance as you stated can't be a point of contention. You plainly said that "the Trustees of both the West and Teamcare will change shortly after the contract is ratified". So if you think that is so true, why do you think voting no because of Teamcare will change that? The IBT will be responsible not the contract.

Also, I have to agree with the prescription plan being better in the new contract. I've said it before, we have Brothers and Sisters here that could greatly benefit from that plan. I know one Union Brother who is struggling because his son's meds cost so much and this would fix that. Won't fix his son, but maybe if he had some extra money he wasn't spending on meds, he could do more. Or at least give his son some happier days.

We are not cold hearted people asking for an end to this. Just frustrated with where we are and hopeful for a resolution soon.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Just remember that the members that voted No got that base plan "enhanced" to where it is including Rx co-pays.
Some say they were going to make it better "anyway" (which is a pretty lame excuse to credit the IBT for the enhancements) but most can figure that wasn't truthful. They should have offered the enhanced plan to start with if that was true.
Dogging the people who helped get the plan upgraded is cutting off the branch we're standing on. The remaining locals have a right to vote their issues.
Don't blame us for this TA. There's still much concessinary language that got forced down our throats due to the same "me" mentality.

Avalon

Avalon
You must have voted no. If the entire country voted yes and there is only 3 supplements left and it has been 8 months already I would say that is being greedy. And I do work two jobs and don't even need the .70 cent raise but it is the principle... Why should EVERYONE have to wait almost a year because these people can't say yes to an obvious good contract.

Remember, he is "hood". That .70¢ will get him some more Flamin Hot Cheetos and red pop!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

It's pretty sad that these last few supplements continuously vote down the contract... Why should everyone have to wait on our raises and retro checks just because of these greedy people that feel the need to vote down a great contract.
Hood, it is called Solidarity. The idea behind this is, that if one area goes on strike our International can take out the whole country, if they wish. The problem is, that our leaders would never do that. They will leave 89 and the P.A. locals out to dry. I would suggest that you support your fellow brothers and sisters while they fight for a better contract.

Sent using BrownCafe App