What are some of your biggest pet peeves working at Brown?

calcio56

Those knuckle heads at the pcm (or anywhere else) that accidently hit the scan button then stare at the diad shooting a Lazer right into my eye ball.

Cover it, point it at the ground, but don't just stare at it layering everybody else!!

Boulevard859710

The whole EDD/ preload thing. I drive in a small center. Before all this crap the drivers loaded the trucks and knew the areas. There were rarely misloads and if any it got taken care of. Now, everyday something is jacked up with the load. More problems were created when this :censored2: was brought in. I sincerely believe it's more about control and less about service. I now here ORION is coming
this summer.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
The whole EDD/ preload thing. I drive in a small center. Before all this crap the drivers loaded the trucks and knew the areas. There were rarely misloads and if any it got taken care of. Now, everyday something is jacked up with the load. More problems were created when this :censored2: was brought in. I sincerely believe it's more about control and less about service. I now here ORION is coming
this summer.
Orion won't get there when you think. It's gonna make a couple of lefts, a resi back and then show up late!

But hey!

It saved 2 miles!

Last edited:

Packmule

It's coming here this summer too. Just last evening I rearranged whole neighborhoods delivery order so I could get two with bad hills and semi icy conditions done in daylight, then do the safer stuff in the dark. Can Orion do that? I'm guessing no.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
some people on here don’t use toilet paper.....or wash their hands after.....be thankfu l....:)
I was in a grocery store bathroom the other day changing clothes (I work there...preload clothes. into my uniform) Two different women came in...used a stall and left without washing their hands....ewww. and they probably headed to the produce section to pick through the apples afterwards....nasty!

oldngray

nowhere special
I was in a grocery store bathroom the other day changing clothes (I work there...preload clothes. into my uniform) Two different women came in...used a stall and left without washing their hands....ewww. and they probably headed to the produce section to pick through the apples afterwards....nasty!

I ALWAYS use those wipes to clean the shopping cart handle.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I ALWAYS use those wipes to clean the shopping cart handle.
They don't offer those in the store I work at. They dont even offer hand sanitizer to employees. But for when I work the register...i always keep a bottle of hand sanitizer in my locker. Customers will literally blow their noses in front of me...and hand me their money 5 seconds later...ugh. I hate the public...lol

clean hairy

The Customers who try to hand you a box with a Competitors return label on it.
Driver:"Sorry, we don't take FedEx or Post Office, only UPS"
Cust: "UPS delivered it, and they said to return it UPS"
Driver: pointing at label" see right here, it says Fedex or USPS, then points at logo on shirt and on side of Truck, see I am UPS"
Cust: "Are you sure you can't take it?"
Cust staring at the box as driver takes off.

clean hairy

A bricked out truck during Peak, and a customer comes up wanting to know if you have their item.
They give you their address and think you can grab it right out of the truck.
Yeah, right!

MaceFremonti

I hate that after my 3 hour nap at my turnaround I have to get out of my nice, warm, cozy tractor and go inside the frigid building to see how much more of a nap I get to take before my load is ready to go.:cool:

P

pickup

... and then when you do give some idiot directions, you watch him make the first turn going the wrong way

GMAFB

I love when somebody pulls up to you (you know it's coming, they were driving around in your area like a bunch of distracted sheep) and asks you a stupid question " Do you know where.... the ummm shoe ummm store is?"

Of course , you might know of a few shoe stores, but they are looking for a particular one, so you ask for an address and of course that person doesn't have it.

I mean for God's sake, do people just get in a car and go towards a destination that they don't really know where it is in the first place? I can see everyone has a smartphone, but no one can google their destinations, why should they? There is the brown google man, let's ask him!

You can't fix stupid!