What was your first full week driving like?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I did 215 stops one peak, straight resi, 9.5 hrs including lunch. No pick ups. I could never do that on my own route.

I always appreciated it when the plan was to shuttle my second load to me before my pick ups so I wouldn't have room for them, then, after shoving everything in and barely making it all fit, taking 3x as long as it should have, I'd still have to drive back to the center, unload all my pick up volume so I could keep delivering. When I told my ORS that it made more sense to just let me pick up my second load when I came in to drop my outbound, he looked at me like I was reciting advanced astrophysics formulas.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I always appreciated it when the plan was to shuttle my second load to me before my pick ups so I wouldn't have room for them, then, after shoving everything in and barely making it all fit, taking 3x as long as it should have, I'd still have to drive back to the center, unload all my pick up volume so I could keep delivering. When I told my ORS that it made more sense to just let me pick up my second load when I came in to drop my outbound, he looked at me like I was reciting advanced astrophysics formulas.
Lol

JustDeliverIt

I did 215 stops one peak, straight resi, 9.5 hrs including lunch. No pick ups. I could never do that on my own route.

I've done other routes like that. A few peaks I took a TP60 out to a parking lot and drop it off in the morning. Would deliver what was in my truck until 2ish then my hopper would meet me at the trailer and we would reload my truck. Half of the trailer was my work, the other half was for another guy in the area that did the same thing. Then we'd go empty my truck again. The second half after we reloaded was nice, tight resi stuff. In all a light day was 230 stops, usually 250-270. Never want to go back to that again.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I've done other routes like that. A few peaks I took a TP60 out to a parking lot and drop it off in the morning. Would deliver what was in my truck until 2ish then my hopper would meet me at the trailer and we would reload my truck. Half of the trailer was my work, the other half was for another guy in the area that did the same thing. Then we'd go empty my truck again. The second half after we reloaded was nice, tight resi stuff. In all a light day was 230 stops, usually 250-270. Never want to go back to that again.
When you know all the streets by heart, and the sections are tight, you can blow through those neighborhoods. But, no, I wouldn’t want a steady diet of it. Lol

Whither

Scofflaw
Sounds like UPS :rofl:

Commercial Inside Release

Driving was good.
Route was a little slow, but everyone kept telling me to slow down.
(Always go at a brisk pace!)

I was incredibly ill, and so was ORS. We both traded strains of flu, and we both wer te sick for about 3-4 months afterwards. It was an incredible setback, but of course I made it. Second time qualifying, since I did a stint as a contractor in another country, and ended up stateless for about 4 years, before coming back to the UPSUSA.

Don't do that!

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Don’t mean to act dumb again.. what is intergrad??? I probably should listen to PCM.
It's the new age school created to teach drivers how to walk on ice and such. Big waste of money just to keep management employed. Most on road sups are too lazy or ignorant to teach new hires anything. Most can't handle the summer heat after adding on the required 30 lb management promotion weight gain.

Brownwind

It's the new age school created to teach drivers how to walk on ice and such. Big waste of money just to keep management employed. Most on road sups are too lazy or ignorant to teach new hires anything. Most can't handle the summer heat after adding on the required 30 lb management promotion weight gain.
Appreciate you taking the time to explain it to me. Thank you..👍

Walking on ice can’t be taught. Sometimes you gotta experience it and fall a few times. Fall once and Shazam your suddenly carful and won’t fall again.

Brownwind

Ohhhhh you underestimate our corporate overlords:

Can’t believe this is actually shared with the public. Wow… that’s stupid. Thank you for sharing.

I don’t know about anyone else but when I’m working in icy conditions I’m bundled up and not wearing a harness. Usually I have my fishing cleats on if it’s that bad. Chances are I’m using the Ec button rather than going to a home that doesn’t maintain the walk. After a week or so they get the picture to spread some sand.

Up In Smoke

We were still on paper and drivers were training drivers. We finished our deliveries 2 hrs before metro, took 60 min lunch and prelimed a large mail order pickup. We finished by 430 and both made 2 plus hrs of bonus a day. The company never cared about the bonus because it made them look good too.