What are the chances

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Back in the day, this was a pretty common practice, back before DR. I didn't do it too often though. I kept a little box of signed DN's in the PC that the frequent flier customers signed ahead of time.

35years

Gravy route
Our center has them on record and it pops up in the diad board at the affected address with the person's name and where to leave it.
Electronic signature, yes. But a signed delivery notice on file will cause problems as it is not an approved method and you would be relying on the center manager's honesty to back up the employee. Plus center managers come and go, and the new one may not approve of "on file" signatures. Not to mention the possibility of a dishonest manager.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Center managers come and go, and the new one may not approve of "on file" signatures. Not to mention the possibility of a dishonest manager.

Bingo.

It's the same scenario, with center managers telling drivers the "trick" to avoid late air....

if they accidentally wind up in pre-record. (because of the touch screen sensitivity in Diad 5)

Seen this happen a few times, after some time off drivers got their jobs back every time.

Sure.

Depending on their work record. But, not for $7000.00.

There are so many things wrong with this issue. Yet, there is hope.

I imagine Mr Smith would be under a microscope for quite some after that...

The rest of his career.

And, chances are.... he will do it again.

Most drivers, are creatures of habit. (word to the wise)

I predict after a significant amount of time off, "Mr Smith" will be offered his job back if he agrees to make restitution for the "lost package"

If he is not otherwise hated....like me.

I have always said;

"I could care less, if the company likes me.... But, they will respect me."

Actions, speak louder than words.

It's all they understand. ;)

-Bug-

10 point

Electronic signature, yes. But a signed delivery notice on file will cause problems as it is not an approved method and you would be relying on the center manager's honesty to back up the employee. Plus center managers come and go, and the new one may not approve of "on file" signatures. Not to mention the possibility of a dishonest manager.
We have witnesses and can snap a pic of the diad message anytime we deliver.

If there's anything you can get busted for it is good to document. The management would rather approve it than have send agains.
There's electronic records.

10 point

Bingo.

It's the same scenario, with center managers telling drivers the "trick" to avoid late air....

if they accidentally wind up in pre-record. (because of the touch screen sensitivity in Diad 5)

Sure.

Depending on their work record. But, not for $7000.00.

There are so many things wrong with this issue. Yet, there is hope.

The rest of his career.

And, chances are.... he will do it again.

Most drivers, are creatures of habit. (word to the wise)

I have always said;

"I could care less, if the company likes me.... But, they will respect me."

Actions, speak louder than words.

It's all they understand. ;)

-Bug-
Maybe you see creatures of habit that I've never seen but when someone has to pay a chunk of change for improper del methods and sits home without pay or benefits for a few weeks I seriously doubt they'll do it again.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Maybe you see creatures of habit that I've never seen but when someone has to pay a chunk of change for improper del methods and sits home without pay or benefits for a few weeks I seriously doubt they'll do it again.
If he truly is the "BigUnionGuy" he claims to be...

He only sees the cases of the perpetual screw-ups....

....and is operating with a limited, narrow and skewed frame of reference.

~Bbbl~

10 point

If he truly is the "BigUnionGuy" he claims to be...

He only sees the cases of the perpetual screw-ups....

....and is operating with a limited, narrow and skewed frame of reference.

~Bbbl~
Yeah, I've heard that.
It's not my perception because I've only known two people like that in 20+ yrs. One of the habitual offenders I've seen were allowed to continuously float off center.

moldsporh

If your center manager tells you to sign for the package, simply tell them you don't feel comfortable doing it, they can't force you to sign it, they know that.

You can't release a high value unless they have an electronic signature.

No other option applies.

There have been management and others associated walked out for being involved in dishonest acts. Drivers aren't exempt from this.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

You'd be surprised.

60 days off, wasn't enough of a lesson. Driver did the same thing 2 years later.

The 2nd time, he felt it was in his best interest to "pursue other opportunities". (retire)

And it wasn't 1 package. It was multiple packages every day.

As usual, the company didn't find out until a customer complained.

You might get away with it once.... But, it takes self control to stop there.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You'd be surprised.

60 days off, wasn't enough of a lesson. Driver did the same thing 2 years later.

The 2nd time, he felt it was in his best interest to "pursue other opportunities". (retire)

-Bug-
I'm not surprised at all, I just don't think it is indicative of the vast majority.

As a steward, I am fond of saying that I spend 90% of my time, dealing with the same 5% of the employees.

Take those 5% out of the equation, those remaining make the same "mistakes", but tend to correct their behaviors as progressive discipline is designed.

If you are up the "food chain" as you advertise (and I'm willing to accept that), you likely only see a steady stream of the "5%er's".

~Bbbl~

10 point

You'd be surprised.

-Bug-
One driver...two to three yr span.

The company " sees" and knows more than they disclose every day and if they allow special drivers (snitches) to habitually break the rules, others watch and duplicate, and then they nail the ones they want to get rid of.

When you don't weed your garden you yeild all sorts of wild things.

bbsam

Staff member
There has been employees and supervisors that have signed packages. It has to be proven dishonesty. Also depends on the area and language.

SECTION 2 - S.W.P.R. "The first offense of signing for a package where dishonesty is not proven, will not result in discharge or suspension. The second such offense shall be cause for immediate discharge."
How is "...signing for a package..." not dishonesty in and of itself...unless of course the driver is the consignee.

10 point

If your center manager tells you to sign for the package, simply tell them you don't feel comfortable doing it, they can't force you to sign it, they know that.

You can't release a high value unless they have an electronic signature.

No other option applies.

There have been management and others associated walked out for being involved in dishonest acts. Drivers aren't exempt from this.
How does an electronic signature transpose on to the three part Hi value sheet that is given to you with the pkg?

If it has a hi value sheet with a pkg there's no way I'm leaving it without a human present to sign the board and control sheet.