What are the chances

stewardTJ677

Had a similar incident in my center. Although it is no doubt forgery & dishonesty, we got the driver his job back on the basis that it was not his intention to defraud the customer or the company.

LagunaBrown

Under Article 10 of the Master, UPS cannot seek both reimbursement and discipline. It has to be either one.

So, he is possibly either out of a job, or out $7000, not both.

There has been employees and supervisors that have signed packages. It has to be proven dishonesty. Also depends on the area and language.

SECTION 2 - S.W.P.R. "The first offense of signing for a package where dishonesty is not proven, will not result in discharge or suspension. The second such offense shall be cause for immediate discharge."

Last edited:

jaker

trolling
I always wonder about some drivers , I wouldn't sign for my buddy he got a little peeved but I told him I would meet him so he could get it

I just don't understand why you gamble over a send again

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
For "proven" dishonesty ?

Really ?

Cough up $7000.00.... And, we will see.

-Bug-
This^^^

I predict after a significant amount of time off, "Mr Smith" will be offered his job back if he agrees to make restitution for the "lost package"....

....if he is not otherwise hated....

....like me.

~Bbbl~

10 point

...and how long did it take for "Mr. Smith" to be forthcoming with the truth?
The co fired a driver in our local becuz he signed his own name but two on cars instructed drivers to FALSIFY other customer's names after manually typing in a pkg they never saw and they still stuck to their position of termination even after the fraudulent actions of their on cars was made known.

I was told that the center manager didn't like this guy becuz he stood up to the center manager's abusive treatment prior to this incident. He was hung out to dry for several weeks and then got his job back.
Total bull.

Last edited:

Brown_Star

Methods Man
I think the customer told him to Sign for it but I'm not positive of what happened.

Lol smh

Why the smurf would any driver sign for a delivery?

Good luck...

image.jpg

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
There has been employees and supervisors that have signed packages. It has to be proven dishonesty. Also depends on the area and language.

SECTION 2 - S.W.P.R. "The first offense of signing for a package where dishonesty is not proven, will not result in discharge or suspension. The second such offense shall be cause for immediate discharge."

That's why I said "possibly." Even if they go for a discharge, doesn't mean it will stick.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That's why I said "possibly." Even if they go for a discharge, doesn't mean it will stick.
...and that's why if they really aren't earnest about discharging "Mr Smith" for good, they can hold him out, offer him his job back later (conditionally on him paying restitution), and have their cake and eat it.

clean hairy

...and that's why if they really aren't earnest about discharging "Mr Smith" for good, they can hold him out, offer him his job back later (conditionally on him paying restitution), and have their cake and eat it.
I imagine Mr Smith would be under a microscope for quite some after that...

35years

Gravy route
I think he signed the DIAD as "SOF"
Does "SOF" stand for something?
Does it mean Signature On friendile?
Did the on car or center manager at any time instruct drivers to "sign" SOF?...
If there was not specific instructions to "sign" SOF, was it common practice in the center?
Is there evidence of any other drivers doing this?
Did a management person show the driver this practice?
Would any other drivers confirm management was aware of this practice?
Was the driver told he could hit signed delivery notice and enter SOF for signatures/signed delivery notes on file?

Last edited:

moldsporh

It's real simple folks....you NEVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER sign for a package. No matter what the customer tells you, pays you, offers you, no matter what.

I tell any customer that asks me to... put their name, just sign my name, or initial their name, ......sorry, can't sign for anyone...I'll wait until your finished or bring it back tomorrow.

Plain and simple, not a difficult decision.

Anytime someone asks you to sign, ask yourself.......how am I going to support my family, how am I going to tell my family I lost my job doing something illegal and dishonest.

Only to convenience someone else.

Go ahead and roll the dice.

35years

Gravy route
We have a business that gets early AMs every Monday and they don't open till after the commit time. The regular FT drivers cover EAMs on Monday. I could not believe it when the center manager told me to hit signed delivery notice and type in my own name and leave it on the dock, typing "On File" in the remarks. Apparently all the other drivers were doing this for him. I said no, but if he (my center manager) would like to sign for their EAMs I would meet him at the dock!...

CLO1

10 point

Does "SOF" stand for something?
Does it mean Signature On friendile?
Did the on car or center manager at any time instruct drivers to "sign" SOF?...
If there was not specific instructions to "sign" SOF, was it common practice in the center?
Is there evidence of any other drivers doing this?
Did a management person show the driver this practice?
Would any other drivers confirm management was aware of this practice?
Was the driver told he could hit signed delivery notice and enter SOF for signatures/signed delivery notes on file?
Again, did he signed his own name?

And if it was a ",known" hi value it should have had a hi value sheet with it or he only owes a max of $999.99 due to management's screw up of not controlling the pkg correctly. Without the sheet the driver didn't know it was a high value....
unless he signed the sheet too.

Past practice (taught and approved) should cover him if it was a common practice to sign YOUR name and leave the delivery w/o seeing a customer.

SOF should never be used when you have a high value sheet. The co can't have it both ways.