what bylaws should we change.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
no one taken out of service for any reason before a local level hearing.

That is not possible, there are certain offences that justify immediate removal, theft for instance.

I would like to see the removal of "other serious offences" from our supplements cardinal infractions list though. Not a Bylaw, but I would like that one gone from the contract!!

grgrcr88

i think if we file a grievance we should get a written statement of the results.

In our local, immediately following, the secretary types up all the results and sends them to the stewards for the affected centers. They are then posted on the Union bulletin board. Of coarse no one knows this because they never look at the board!!

Fullhouse

Clear and concise language in our contracts.
All side agreements on paper, so all stewards are on the same page.
Monthly (verbal) reports during General Membership meetings, on what our BA's and Organizers are doing.

Scooter1

In our local, immediately following, the secretary types up all the results and sends them to the stewards for the affected centers. They are then posted on the Union bulletin board. Of coarse no one knows this because they never look at the board!!

Well that is the way it should be. Our local hides the results like KFC hides it's original recipe. I guess they think we might want to use those results for our benefit and we can't handle that power.

grgrcr88

Well that is the way it should be. Our local hides the results like KFC hides it's original recipe. I guess they think we might want to use those results for our benefit and we can't handle that power.

I don't think they can keep them from anyone. If you went and asked for the outcomes they should give that information out.

Red Dawn

third party to run all aspects of election! And the membership should get a say on which company runs eleciton with full disclosure and transparency

Scooter1

I don't think they can keep them from anyone. If you went and asked for the outcomes they should give that information out.[/QU

Apparently, you belong to a different local. Every once in a while the results get leaked out and the BA's get all pissed off. Otherwise, they just tell you what they want you to know.