What can Brown (people) do for you.

I know that many members here are pro-union, yet I see these guys disparaging other people for no reason other than their youthful age rather than ability. This to me is age discrimination.

Also, some members of the Seventh Day Adventist hold a religious belief against union membership and resigns from the union. If they're given any flak, that is considered a religious ground workplace hostility covered under our Federal law.[/QUOTE]Just go away nobody cares. You have worn out your welcome.

NYdriver

The term African American simply implies what we are. African's forced into American society.

You have got to be friend'ing kidding me. If you don't like it here go back.

AND I AM NOT RACIST. I HAVE MANY BLACK FRIENDS, SPANISH FRIENDS, ETC. I DO NOT JUDGE PEOPLE BY THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN.

You my friend are RACIST.

AND I AM NOT RACIST. I HAVE MANY BLACK FRIENDS, SPANISH FRIENDS, ETC. I DO NOT JUDGE PEOPLE BY THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN.

Time to close this thread. I think it's run it's course and somebody might say something the will regret.

AssistantSanta

African's forced into American society. We were never extended the same rights as Whites. As I'm sure someone of your credibility will recall, we were property for the longest time.

Then, you could say rape babies are forcidly introduced to the world.
People did something abysmal decades ago.

Should the current generation dwell on something that is not directly relevant to their own generation?

NYdriver

Time to close this thread. I think it's run it's course and somebody might say something the will regret.
Listen Everyone:

I'm sorry if that post was harsh and if I offended anyone. That was not my intentions.

Maybe I just speak so freely on this subject because I am not racist. It is 2012, the world has to get over discrimantion as a whole. It is not right to judge people on the color of their skin, their religion, their sex, their age, etc. The world would be a better place if people were judged solely on their character as a person.

OP, 407 and any other members of BC- I am sincerely sorry if I offended you. As I said, I am not a racist person. I judge people on who they are, not what they look like or believe. I am 100% italian...there are italians I do not like, there are black people I do not like, there are white people I do not like, etc. The reason I do not like them has nothing to do with what they look like, but who they are as a person.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I was harassed at work. It wasn't because I'm a girl. It was because I had bigger balls than my sups. I carried around my contract and informed my co-workers of contractual infractions that management was committing.

If someone is being harassed, they need to stop it immediately. It is fine to come on here and vent, but make sure you do something about!!! If you don't, who will???

To NY Driver. I understood what you were saying and I agree with you. It is 2012. Was Bonhamga born in Africa and forced over here? No. Therefore, he is black. I don't care if he's purple, he shouldn't take someone harassing him. Period.

hembone

Listen Everyone:

I'm sorry if that post was harsh and if I offended anyone. That was not my intentions.

Maybe I just speak so freely on this subject because I am not racist. It is 2012, the world has to get over discrimantion as a whole. It is not right to judge people on the color of their skin, their religion, their sex, their age, etc. The world would be a better place if people were judged solely on their character as a person.

OP, 407 and any other members of BC- I am sincerely sorry if I offended you. As I said, I am not a racist person. I judge people on who they are, not what they look like or believe. I am 100% italian...there are italians I do not like, there are black people I do not like, there are white people I do not like, etc. The reason I do not like them has nothing to do with what they look like, but who they are as a person.[/QUO

It's ok. Everyone knows Italians are a bunch of hotheads. (Just kidding NY. I thought this thread needed a little lightening up.)

Listen Everyone:

OP, 407 and any other members of BC- I am sincerely sorry if I offended you. As I said, I am not a racist person. I judge people on who they are, not what they look like or believe. I am 100% italian...there are italians I do not like, there are black people I do not like, there are white people I do not like, etc. The reason I do not like them has nothing to do with what they look like, but who they are as a person.
I'm not offended at all by your post. I can see where this thread is going that's all. Calling for it to be closed before something is said is all I was saying. I'm closing it as far as I'm concerned. I won't post on it anymore because have a debate on these issues is not going to end in anything constructive. I'm out peace brothers & sisters and don't forget to smile Jesus loves you.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Listen Everyone:

OP, 407 and any other members of BC- I am sincerely sorry if I offended you. As I said, I am not a racist person. I judge people on who they are, not what they look like or believe. I am 100% italian...there are italians I do not like, there are black people I do not like, there are white people I do not like, etc. The reason I do not like them has nothing to do with what they look like, but who they are as a person.[/QUO

It's ok. Everyone knows Italians are a bunch of hotheads. (Just kidding NY. I thought this thread needed a little lightening up.)
Try having a cousin who's 100% Italian and has short-guy syndrome too............talk about a bomb with a short fuse....
marone!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
My people were opressed also !!!! Even though we built your railroads we have been scourned !!!
Many fleed to Boston, and in one year Boston's Irish population jumped from 30,000-100,000
Looking for labor many Irish turned to servitude. 70% of servants in Boston were Irish immigrants
Bostonians believed that the Irish were a servant race
Bostonians called their Irish female servants the "bridgets" or "biddys" and the males "paddys".Many Irish named their children after the two popular Catholic saints however the names carried derisive connotations in America and many tried to erase that legacy. Joseph Sr.'s mother named him Joseph instead of Patrick after his father and grandfather. And Joseph Sr.'s grandmother Bridget Murphy never named her daughters Bridget.
Bostonians derisively monikered potatoes "murphies"
Of the 70% of Irish that were servants, two thirds were Irish women. Irish servants were noted to be full of melancholy and loneliness
Established working class America resented the Irish laborers who would work for anything Employers would place signs with NINA scrawled across the front. NINA spelled out is No Irish Need Apply, this would often be seen next to the No Dogs Allowed signs.
Irish-sign.gif

Covemastah

"Mr. O'Brien," asked the druggist, "Did that mudpack I gave you improve your wife's appearance?"
"It did surely," replied O'Brien, "but it keeps fallin' off!"

Covemastah

An Irish priest is driving down to New York and gets stopped for speeding in Connecticut. The state trooper smells alcohol on the priest's breath and then sees an empty wine bottle on the floor of the car. He says, "Sir, have you been drinking?"

"Just water," says the priest.

The trooper says, "Then why do I smell wine?"

The priest looks at the bottle and says, "Good Lord! He's done it again!"

gostillerz

Here's my thing. How can the OP cry racism when he refers himself as an African American, but refers to others as a color? Hypocrisy is just as bad if not worse.

Southwestern

Unfortunately, bigotry has long reigned within the "insider" at UPS (and likely every other unskilled work place in America). Racist, sexist, gay, etc. jokes have long been shrugged off as shop talk. I've heard many racial slurs directed at black people and I've also heard many racial slurs directed at white people. In the centers I've worked at, the black employees immediately congregate & voice their desires to work with each other. It's a very sad reflection on segregation still occurring within the USA.

That said, the original poster clearly has some issues regarding race. His concerns may or may not be legit, but he's clearly very sensitive to race. One thing I will say is that I've worked in two centers and visited a dozen more (participation with CHSP) -- management is always yelling at all employees to work faster. I find it hard to believe that in a large center they target just the three blacks. It's certainly possible, but your comments kinda make me suspect that you're just overly sensitive.

I do strongly encourage you to voice your concerns to HR. Given the racial sensitivities within this world, they'll probably act one way or another.