What can't you do on lunch break?

aiian

We have a Christmas lunch at a local gentleman's steak house every year. Everyone knows about it... have t heard a word.

One day our on road was bringing work out (tisk tisk) to us and he refused to come in thinking he could get fired. We made him sit out there for an hour.

JL 0513

A possible problem with being picked up by someone and going off area is if an accident were to occur or some other unexpected delay and not getting back to your PC on time.

Cementups

Box Monkey
A possible problem with being picked up by someone and going off area is if an accident were to occur or some other unexpected delay and not getting back to your PC on time.

Or if you were to get in an accident while in someone else's car while away from your PC.

BrownArmy

Hypothetically, a few years ago, a PTer was dating a driver. They would occasionally meet up on his route on his lunch...and play Leap Frog in the back of his PC. Inappropriate? Yes. But both employees were off the clock. And the PC never moved while both employees were in the vehicle. But I'm sure if an OC had caught them, they'd have been fired.

If that's the case, they were doing it wrong.

BrownArmy

You can do that. I would recommend not getting caught. I doubt you would get in trouble but you would certainly be embarrassed.

A few years ago in the next center over, some sups popped the back door on a driver...he had magazines all spread out, servicing himself.

Lost his job.

Maybe he was just too embarrassed to fight the charges...

Method$

Anyone else swim on lunch? It's only warm enough for a few months here, but the lakes are clean cool and you feel great afterwards. Never asked if it was ok, don't plan on asking. I can't think of a better way to cool off.

BrownArmy

Lol I meant the engine wasn't running..therefore the other person technically wasnt an unauthorized passenger.

Either way, if the engine wasn't running, and said Driver was on 'lunch' (I sure hope it wasn't a 10 min. break)...then if the truck wasn't a rockin', they were either doing wrong, or they like the slow groove.

I think you get my point.

thessalonian13

We were discussing this the other day. Where can you find a list of things you are not allowed to do while on lunch break? Some of these we know drivers have done, others were hypothetical. We were assuming that nothing like driving off area occurred at the time and it was all done in an hour. Are any of these doable without getting fired?

Going to a liquor store and buying some but not consuming.
Buying lottery tickets.
Taking lunch at a strip club, either in uniform or changing in the truck prior.
Going to an indoor shooting range in uniform.
Going to a cigar, smoke or vape shop and buying tobacco.
Leaving your truck secured on your route and having someone pick you up to take to lunch off area but returning in time.
Picking up another driver from a mall and taking him to lunch so he doesn't lose his parking place.

Are any of those cardinal sins, or are you looking at little to no discipline? I'm not looking to do any of these. Just a conversation piece. Do you know of anything that drivers have gotten fired while on break that surprised you?
I always buy lottery tickets while on my route. Problem is the guy keeps giving me losing numbers. I don't know why!!!!!