What do the colors on UPS packages mean?

Pink Jazz

I was wondering, is there any particular meaning of the colors on UPS packages? I know there is the shipping label and an additional label with a color name printed on it. I don't seem to notice any consistency, however, it seems that Next Day Airs usually have Red as the color and 2nd Day Airs usually have Blue as the color. Ground and SurePost seems to vary. Could it have something to do with transit time? I have also seen Brown, Orange, Purple, and Pink.

542thruNthru

I was wondering, is there any particular meaning of the colors on UPS packages? I know there is the shipping label and an additional label with a color name printed on it. I don't seem to notice any consistency, however, it seems that Next Day Airs usually have Red as the color and 2nd Day Airs usually have Blue as the color. Ground and SurePost seems to vary. Could it have something to do with transit time? I have also seen Brown, Orange, Purple, and Pink.

It's kinda like the DEFCON colors. I can't tell you much but just know it's serious stuff and people have died trying to unlock it's mystery.

brownIEman

It represents the level of fabulous that the loader exhibits.

They must have updated the system. When I was deploying PAS it was the loaders mood, like a mood ring - used the same chart.

c21c4409f688ed1a905fe9794b81b533.png

The colors are printed on a SPA label that help the primary sort aisle know where to sort it. So instead of having to remember zip codes, they sort it to say the "orange" belt, that may represent a metro, boxline, or PD.

542thruNthru

The colors are printed on a SPA label that help the primary sort aisle know where to sort it. So instead of having to remember zip codes, they sort it to say the "orange" belt, that may represent a metro, boxline, or PD.

This is a lie don't believe one word of it. It's obvious that the colors are the level of fabulous.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yes!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

I have no idea what the colors mean but let me tell you brother, you really ruined that off the hook selfie (while sporting not only a pink hat, but a pink hoodie), with your phone in the shot. I would have found someone to take the shot being so fly for a white guy!

No idea they even made pink hoodies!

Pink Jazz

Oh, I get it. However, it does seem that around here Next Day Airs usually go on the "Red" belt, and 2nd Day Airs usually go on the "Blue" belt. Is this a common practice?