What do "they" do with the thousands of Signed del notices???

Big Babooba

You all are wrong. For years the signed delivery notices have been sent to Atlanta. They are being used to wallpaper the corporate offices.:smart:

paidslave

The Shipper pays EXTRA money to obtain a signature and it is our responsibility to attain one.

Just like CERTIFIED mail!

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Because it says that it needs a signature from the customer..Read my earlier post....regarding companies using these signatures for proof of delivery so they can get paid for the shipment!

Don't worry about JACK"S package worry about getting the signature!

I understand, but you ARE getting a signature from the person and they are waiving liability, and you have the signed notice proving that IN A safe D/R area. Take the waiver, sign for the pkg, and be on your way. I also understand the business end of it... I work at a counter 8 hours a day...we'll give any package to anyone , regardless of value, COD, anything. ; if they have a consent of release form.

satellitedriver

We have a little yellow envelope to put the SDN's in...

I've never actually tried it, but when we were getting the PAS/EDD put into our building one of the temporary managers we had told me (while he was out doing the trace with me) "The driver can sign for the packages and leave them if the info notice has been signed, or the owner leaves a note with a signature asking to have it left"

Anyone ever done that? You cant sign the customers name but according to this supe if their is written permission you can sign your own name and leave the package... Thoughts?
I print the customers name,SDN then my initials. I save the sdn for a couple of months for my protection. I have never had a claim on an sdn.

2Slow

If there's no signature required, and it's a D/R area, you can leave the package....

If there's signature required, it's a D/R area, and the person leaves a written release note w/ sig, why wouldn't you?

This varies by center and management I'm sure.

I'm pretty sure that the DIAD won't let you do SDN for a signature required package, which means in order to leave it you have to Falsify the signature. If you think that's a good idea, you don't plan on cashing those pension checks...

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You dont have to falsify any signature. You sign your name and then print in the notes section SDN

Obviously, it has to be a good area to DR. You cant do that in the inner city or less-than-reputable areas (and no over21 required should ever be left under no circumstances)

We have all ordered packages before and always hope our delivery person will leave it. I don't see the big deal if the customer signs the note or writes one asking you to leave it safely. Sometimes its nice to be helpful to them

We all can't take the day off from work and wait for the UPS driver between 930am to 730pm. Why come 3 times and then make them drive to the center and pick it up

I've never been in trouble and have told my sups ive done it on occasion. As long as they don't get any concerns on it, they could care less

Jim Kemp

"I've never been in trouble and have told my sups ive done it on occasion. As long as they don't get any concerns on it, they could care less"

But just wait until you get a concern. The LP guy here had a PCM and he told us we are never to sign for a pkg and if we are caught doing it you will be fired.

If I get a sig req I get a sig. I don't care who it is or what area it is. And I am sorry that they need to miss a day of work to get it. When a sig req pkg is going to be del UPS calls the cust. to tell them, so why can't they make some arrangements to be there or have it del to another add?
Had a sig req last week cust waited home for me, when he opened the pgk it was four bags of popato chips. Sorry he missed work for that but it was SIG REQ and that was the only way he was going to get it.

barnyard

KTM rider
When I trained, I was told the only time I can sign the board is for my EOD COD envelope, signing for a customer is considered falsifying a record and you can get fired for that.

I have a few folks that get regular sig required packages. I suggest that they call the shipper and have things sent to their work address or I find out where they work and if they are on the same route, I try to deliver to their office.

I try to emphasize that the signature in person requirement is not from UPS, but from the company that shipped the item and if it is a problem, they should contact the shipper. I am just doing what the shipper is asking me to do. I also emphasize that the customer is paying more to have the sig requirement.

In my center SDNs are put in each driver's folder and saved for 1 year. I have had 2 claims that were covered by SDNs.

TB

I'm pretty sure that the DIAD won't let you do SDN for a signature required package, which means in order to leave it you have to Falsify the signature. If you think that's a good idea, you don't plan on cashing those pension checks...
Nope, you can(on the DIAD) do a SDN on sig reg package, the DIAD will allow that unless it is the "adult sig reg". We were told that this is acceptable, however that can change tomorrow morning. Simply because tomorrow morning is a new day. Wine, some meds and fire arms are the most frequent of the type that has to be delivered and signed for in person by a 21 or older and can not be indirect delivered. As goes in our center.

Back in the OLD DAYS, when all records were on paper the delivery records were in duplicate, one copy kept in the center the other forwarded to Atlanta WITH the SNDs attached. Any thing with the consignee's signature was acceptable. When I was a clerk, part of my job was filing and housemailing them to Atlanta. I once had one on the torn off flap from a cardboard box, appox. 12inX12in in size. The old BIG IDEA publication once had an article on delivery notices, the one I sent in was runner-up for the largest in the UPS record book, I think the winner was something like a 3'X3' poster board. No kiddin, true story.

2Slow

Nope, you can(on the DIAD) do a SDN on sig reg package, the DIAD will allow that unless it is the "adult sig reg". We were told that this is acceptable, however that can change tomorrow morning. Simply because tomorrow morning is a new day. Wine, some meds and fire arms are the most frequent of the type that has to be delivered and signed for in person by a 21 or older and can not be indirect delivered. As goes in our center.

I'll try to remember to experiment with this. If the DIAD will allow you to do SDN with a sig required, then it would not be falsification....

But I'll say it again, if anyone is out there signing the DIAD for packages, no matter what you are writing, you are gambling your career. Someone said something about notifying their supervisor; Do you trust them to stick up for you when LP shows up looking for someone's head on a platter?

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Never, ever ,ever sign your name or anyone else's for a package unless it is yours, it WILL get you fired unless you are very lucky. Anytime they want to get rid of you, this is one sure way they can do it.

2Slow
But I'll say it again, if anyone is out there signing the DIAD for packages, no matter what you are writing, you are gambling your career. Someone said something about notifying their supervisor; Do you trust them to stick up for you when LP shows up looking for someone's head on a platter?
Iworkasdirected
Never, ever ,ever sign your name or anyone else's for a package unless it is yours, it WILL get you fired unless you are very lucky. Anytime they want to get rid of you, this is one sure way they can do it.
You're both absolutely right. Sometimes "working as directed" can get ya fired.

2Slow

I tried today. DIAD will not allow a SDN for a signature required package. I tried both an A8 and a 35, neither one were allowed.

DS

Fenderbender
How about this ,they leave a SDN for a sig req pkg,you write in big capitol letters SDN on the diad,and type in thier last name and leave the pkg.