What does your facility actually do about weight "mistakes"

Dr.Brownz

If management touches it we get a grievance or the threat of a grievance. I'll get you some help.

In my facility it's up to the sort sup to fill out the paperwork for adjustments. I can't remember the last time one of my guys pulled me aside for a ground one. But my air driver routinely pulls me aside over it.

Contract clearly says packages over 150lbs are not to be handled by union members

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Some hubs like ay airports have equipment that automatically checks weight and dimensions, ours does not. We have rev. Recovery guys who only measure longs, no scale. My on car said if a package is ground and clearly weighs more than the label make them redo the label but if its air leaving the state then it will be backbilled when measured at the airport and we can take it.

jamescasey420

But who is liable once the package in our system less than 150lbs. Recently a pregnant woman with 25 lb restriction picked up a marked 25lb package and it was actually 75 lbs. She notified her supervisor having pain in her belly and back. If she miss carries who is liable?

upschuck

But who is liable once the package in our system less than 150lbs. Recently a pregnant woman with 25 lb restriction picked up a marked 25lb package and it was actually 75 lbs. She notified her supervisor having pain in her belly and back. If she miss carries who is liable?
Would think the shipper would be.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
"Test for weight..."
If a parcel is found to have entered the system and is a 150+ the shipper is supposed to come get it at their expense. All movement of the package is to stop. When I worked inside we had a large 155 lb crate and I asked the center manager what was p with it. He said the shipper had to come get it or pay someone to come get it and that we wouldn't even touch it.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
This is the second dead thread on this subject that you've resurrected. Would you happen to be the pregnant woman?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Test for weight..."
If a parcel is found to have entered the system and is a 150+ the shipper is supposed to come get it at their expense. All movement of the package is to stop. When I worked inside we had a large 155 lb crate and I asked the center manager what was p with it. He said the shipper had to come get it or pay someone to come get it and that we wouldn't even touch it.

In our center if the package is stopped before it leaves the building the shipper is called to come pick it up. If the package is sent here and is out for delivery we deliver it.

laffter

When I occasionally worked the twilight sort, the only time I made an effort to advise the revenue recovery lady about a weight discrepancy was for obvious over 70's. These packages in particular pose a safety risk for sorters.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You mean Overweight.com?
7aOk85C.jpg

UPSGUY72

No one. It doesn't matter what the label says for the weight your suppose to test the package for weight and contents before you picking the package up.

The weight on the box means nothing in the past packages where billed according to weight. That being said some shippers get or have gotten discounts due to volume so that could be why the weight on the box is different than the actual weight. UPS now uses dimensional weight along with actual weight to bill shippers. However some shippers still get a discount and weight of thr package would still differ from the label weight.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No one. It doesn't matter what the label says for the weight your suppose to test the package for weight and contents before you picking the package up.

The weight on the box means nothing in the past packages where billed according to weight. That being said some shippers get or have gotten discounts due to volume so that could be why the weight on the box is different than the actual weight. UPS now uses dimensional weight along with actual weight to bill shippers. However some shippers still get a discount and weight of thr package would still differ from the label weight.

Huh?

Discounts do not affect the actual or dim weight shown on the label.

wayfair

swollen member
However some shippers still get a discount and weight of thr package would still differ from the label weight.

they get the discount on their bill. The weight or dim weight still has to be accurate or they get charged by the revenue recovery clerk.

I had 2 call tags going back to amazon the other day. The weight on each label said 1 lb.
The packages were a 60 lb head board and 41 pound wood bed frame with hardware.
Revenue recovery clerk was laughing "I'm gonna get 'em for Dim weight as well"

I'll bring stuff to them when needed.

jamescasey420

Which is why after carful consideration, When I go to deliver a 10 lb. pkg that weighs 60 lbs. I dump out 50 in the dumpster. Here is your 10 lb package with a smile and a :censored2: you U too.