What happens when you load a package on wrong trailer going to the same destination as right one?

So let me explain this. I'm a package handler. On my belt I was loading a trailer as usual. I accidentally logged out and had to rescan the trailer. I found out too late that the trailer was of the wrong number due to being called in. Ended up loading 50 packages on the trailer, yet both the correct and erroneous trailer were going to the same destination. What happens now?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
So let me explain this. I'm a package handler. On my belt I was loading a trailer as usual. I accidentally logged out and had to rescan the trailer. I found out too late that the trailer was of the wrong number due to being called in. Ended up loading 50 packages on the trailer, yet both the correct and erroneous trailer were going to the same destination. What happens now?

Oh no! Sorry but you will be in big trouble.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yeah. Had I not accidentally logged out, they would have gone on the trailer I was loading. It was AFTER I rescanned the supposedly same trailer that the confusion happened.
If they are going to the same sort, it's a misload, but it shouldn't matter as they will both be processed.

If you put say 50 night sort packages into a preload sort trailer, yeah that's an issue.

No wait! We will promote you because despite these odds, you got the packages to the right sort at the right building. Nice job!
Seriously, I made the wrong decision getting this job. It's done nothing but made me miserable. I mean it's brought me low to the point of wanting my life to end. After so many years of suffering, getting fired when I needed a job will be the final nail to the coffin. I don't know why I expected anything to be different.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Seriously, I made the wrong decision getting this job. It's done nothing but made me miserable. I mean it's brought me low to the point of wanting my life to end. After so many years of suffering, getting fired when I needed a job will be the final nail to the coffin. I don't know why I expected anything to be different.
Settle down bro. Its a :censored2:ty part time job. You could make more $ working at Wallmart.

over9five

Staff member
Nobody's gonna fire you, no one will ever know it happened. It's Peak baby, we all just get thru it.

Faceplanted

I remember many moons ago. We had 2 different pds with the same loads, one of them was a "hot" "night" load... the other was a sunrise load.

I worked in the area with the hot load, we would occasional misload packages for the sunrise load. The packages would show up a sort earlier but we still got dinged with the misload. I thought it was hilarious

dudebro

If they are going to the same sort, it's a misload, but it shouldn't matter as they will both be processed.

If you put say 50 night sort packages into a preload sort trailer, yeah that's an issue.

It's not a misload or the scanner would have rejected it. It's a mistoggle, which can theoretically affect visibility on the package, but given that it's going to the same operation it hardly matters.

Someone MIGHT see it on an error report if the packages are scanned at the next site before the trailer they're linked to arrives, but overall, this time of year, that will be meaningless.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It's not a misload or the scanner would have rejected it. It's a mistoggle, which can theoretically affect visibility on the package, but given that it's going to the same operation it hardly matters.

Someone MIGHT see it on an error report if the packages are scanned at the next site before the trailer they're linked to arrives, but overall, this time of year, that will be meaningless.
Nobody looks at those reports this time of year anyways...