What is TDU' s real agenda

10 point

I had obligations at the time and sitting on my butt doing nothing for 8 hours per day was not going to satisfy those obligations.

Working those 46 hours on a construction site for $253 gave me a renewed perspective when the strike was over.
You could've 'sat on your butt" on the strike line after your construction job shift ended.
Then again, being hired off the street garners an entitled mindset in some people that continues throughout their whole career.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You could've 'sat on your butt" on the strike line after your construction job shift ended.
Then again, being hired off the street garners an entitled mindset in some people that continues throughout their whole career.

I could have if I wasn't drop dead tired.

I worked 46 of the hardest hours I had worked in a long time for the grand total of $253.

My boss asked me how much I would have made at UPS for those same 46 hours and he about :censored2: his pants when I told him.

When I handed my ex the $250 she asked how much I had left. I showed her the three singles. She handed me back $100, which I repaid after we got our first post-strike check.

And, yes, I handed back my $55 strike check.

10 point

I could have if I wasn't drop dead tired.

I worked 46 of the hardest hours I had worked in a long time for the grand total of $253.

My boss asked me how much I would have made at UPS for those same 46 hours and he about :censored2: his pants when I told him.

When I handed my ex the $250 she asked how much I had left. I showed her the three singles. She handed me back $100, which I repaid after we got our first post-strike check.

Your pay differential just proved the reason why you should've SAT on the strike line.
Too tired to sit? Really?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Over the years, you have mentioned it other threads.

Your Local gave out "strike checks" when, you didn't pull "strike duty" ??

Thats odd.

Personally, I pulled strike duty and then went golfing.

Seeing other members rush out to get other jobs, made me realize.... how over-extended

(some) people get, when making good money.

-Bug-

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thats odd.

Seeing other members rush out to get other jobs, made me realize.... how over-extended

-Bug-

Kids like to eat 3 times a day and wear clothes when leaving the house.

10 point

Kids like to eat 3 times a day and wear clothes when leaving the house.
It's obvious that you'll take the union negotiated bennies and wages but won't expose your face to management by sitting on the front lines in support of the very people who support you every day vicariously.
"Futile" describes your effort to look into the mirror and decide if you're in management or a member who through other people's fortitude enjoys great wages, 7 wks vacation, good healthcare and a pension without putting forth any effort to even stand with those who even though they may have it worse than you have the backbone to display their courage in solidarity.

Not every strike line caused trouble and got drunk. We didn't. And I'm sure our building populous is similar or possibly larger than yours.

I can't infuse courage or thankfulness into your demeanor but maybe, just maybe someday you'll come to the stark reality that this union thing isn't a free ride and maybe participate before you're retired and leave your legacy of cowardess.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It's obvious that you'll take the union negotiated bennies and wages but won't expose your face to management by sitting on the front lines in support of the very people who support you every day vicariously.

Nice, opening forte.

"Futile" describes your effort to look into the mirror and decide if you're in management or a member who through other people's fortitude enjoys great wages, 7 wks vacation, good healthcare and a pension without putting forth any effort to even stand with those who even though they may have it worse than you have the backbone to display their courage in solidarity.

I will deem this.... "The 10 Point Smack Down".

Good stuff.

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not every strike line caused trouble and got drunk. We didn't. And I'm sure our building populous is similar or possibly larger than yours.

I can't infuse courage or thankfulness into your demeanor but maybe, just maybe someday you'll come to the stark reality that this union thing isn't a free ride and maybe participate before you're retired and leave your legacy of cowardess.

With less than 21 months left it may be too late.

Will there be an asterisk on my pension check?

anHOURover

Thats odd.

-Bug-
TYPICAL out of touch old Caucasian hofficer who golfs while the members are fighting the company. POS