What is the Free Period?

Michael Scott

Just keep doing what youre doing, and dont get in an accident, and theres a good chance youll be brought back mid january to go for full time. Youll get let go after christmas and wont work for 2-3 weeks. But if they need people, and you did a good job, good chance youll be back soon.

RangerMan06

Just keep doing what youre doing, and dont get in an accident, and theres a good chance youll be brought back mid january to go for full time. Youll get let go after christmas and wont work for 2-3 weeks. But if they need people, and you did a good job, good chance youll be back soon.
But you'll be brought in as part time (un)loading trucks. Don't make any big purchases

Whatthewhat

Where are you working? Most areas will have to go through all the possible Bids before every allowing a street hire to be bought in after peak

oldupsman

But you'll be brought in as part time (un)loading trucks. Don't make any big purchases
UPS can hire whoever they want. If Bobby does everything right and the feeder manager loves the guy,
and he needs drivers, he's not going to be loading trucks. It's too hard finding quality
feeder guys.

oldupsman

It is a big seat to fill.
I get the joke. But it's true. Some feeder manager gets a 25 year old guy who hustles, comes in whenever
asked, and never screws up? He not going to tell him you gotta go part time first and load trucks.
They'll find a way to make him full time. Immediately.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
UPS can hire whoever they want. If Bobby does everything right and the feeder manager loves the guy,
and he needs drivers, he's not going to be loading trucks. It's too hard finding quality
feeder guys.

A good feeder driver can be a "product" of training by a competent supervisor/instructor.

Some people can naturally drive.... others have to learn.

oldupsman

A good feeder driver can be a "product" of training by a competent supervisor/instructor.

Some people can naturally drive.... others have to learn.
Ah, the old days. I saw a lot of package guys become excellent feeder drivers. And mostly
by other feeder driver instructors. But from what I read on here those days are over.
You would know better than me, I'm long gone.

But you know what I'm saying in this case. If he's good, he's not going to preload.
He's driving.

RangerMan06

feeder guys.
Would be a violation of seniority for a RPCD waiting to go feeder and a huge potential grievance.