What is the REAL reason negotiations have stalled?

542thruNthru

I don’t think for a minute a strike is going to occur over PT employees. I’m curious as to what everyone else’s opinions are on the real reasons negotiations broke down
I almost created a thread on this. For many, many years FTers have made it pretty clear they will not strike for PTers. Granted not all but most have said it at some point.

Now, with the IBT not allowing the contract to be voted on they'll have no choice but to support a strike for PTers pay. So with that said do FTers become vile scabs because of their own arrogance or do they stand with the PTers?

Personally I like that Obrien is not putting the decision in the members hands so that the PTers don't get walked over. Though we had something like that before called the 2/3 rule and we all saw how that worked out for that administration.

Karma...

it was a great pt job while going to school.....a lousy ft job......inside jobs should not be ft....look what happens.....prison mentality with management as the wardens aka screws

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I almost created a thread on this. For many, many years FTers have made it pretty clear they will not strike for PTers. Granted not all but most have said it at some point.

Now, with the IBT not allowing the contract to be voted on they'll have no choice but to support a strike for PTers pay. So with that said do FTers become vile scabs because of their own arrogance or do they stand with the PTers?

Personally I like that Obrien is not putting the decision in the members hands so that the PTers don't get walked over. Though we had something like that before called the 2/3 rule and we all saw how that worked out for that administration.

Part timers are disposable it’s as simple as that if they want more money get a fulltime job

542thruNthru

SOB has the final word read the bylaws
First.. its not bylaws youre talking about. Its the constitution.

On how bids are done. I mean yes he could probably put language in the NMA stating all bids shall be re done at the ratification but i doubt he doesn't want to get re-elected. I mean that would be worse than 22.4s. Everyone with a bid is someone that has put their time in already. I mean seriously imagine a @rod being told he has to rebid his route. He'd cry more than a new driver on a blind route during Xmas eve. ;)

rod

Retired 22 years
First.. its not bylaws youre talking about. Its the constitution.

On how bids are done. I mean yes he could probably put language in the NMA stating all bids shall be re done at the ratification but i doubt he doesn't want to get re-elected. I mean that would be worse than 22.4s. Everyone with a bid is someone that has put their time in already. I mean seriously imagine a @rod being told he has to rebid his route. He'd cry more than a new driver on a blind route during Xmas eve. ;)

DAMN RIGHT I WOULD. Once we won a bid the route was ours until we wanted off it. I basically had the same route for 25 years. I could do it hung over and blind folded. Why the friend would I want to give that up?

542thruNthru

There were other reasons pension as well. Unless you mean the same group having control of the president of the Teamsters then…🧐
No I meant losing the pension money to the teamsters by putting the members in a UPS only pension. That every central states member would have voted yes on so the teamsters didn't even give them the chance. IBT is here to protect us from ourselves sometimes.