What is the truth? How easy is it to get a RPCD job?

anonymous23456

I have no problem with management coming here, and I don’t think anyone else does either.

But it’s contract season, and corporate trolls all come out of the woodwork to muddy the waters as much as possible.

What’s your point with this thread? I find it hard to believe idle curiousity prompted this.
I'll be here after the contract. Seriously, I'm here to learn.

542thruNthru

I want to hear about it. How long did you have to toil at UPS before getting that full time job? Did it feel like working at restaurants in Hollywood for years for a break in the movie industry?
I did 9 years PT and some after me did 11. Gave up a lot of my youth being broke to become a driver. But I don't regret it because I didn't rack up any debt and I'm making up for time now. It also taught me how to better understand this company and it's culture and how to use it to my advantage. These 22.4 kids that became drivers in 9m to a year barely even know where the bathrooms are and nearly have a heart attack or a temper tantrum if a On road even asks them "what happen yesterday?"

anonymous23456

It is crazy to have different contracts in different regions. It should just be a standard. Yes, I understand that in some places the cost of living is higher, and wage should be higher.

Apparently, all the good jobs are gone except for UPS when it comes to unionized workers.

Brownwind

I want to hear about it. How long did you have to toil at UPS before getting that full time job? Did it feel like working at restaurants in Hollywood for years for a break in the movie industry?
Depends where you are and when you got hired. In the eighties it was many years. Today if you show up you’re hired but not sure based on the location of your actually working. Why do you ask??

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
It is crazy to have different contracts in different regions. It should just be a standard. Yes, I understand that in some places the cost of living is higher, and wage should be higher.
You go ahead and float that idea to corporate, and see if they can’t get that changed. 👍

Pullman Brown

Apparently, all the good jobs are gone except for UPS when it comes to unionized workers. If you don’t answer you’ll be banned!

Alright enough about drivers. Your turn to answer some questions. Who sent you? What is your job title?