What would happen to our pensions with a dissolving of a Teamster/UPS contract?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The way I see it...

We have folks on here that say your money is "locked in".....even in bankruptcy....into perpetuity(generalizing)".

With all respect.....that just isn't so. The exact opposite is happening. Happens.

How in the world if a company doesn't exist.....does a fund keep going?

Now, normal retirement age being 62 and life expectancy 72.....who knows. But if a defined benefit ends on the companies side, and the liabilities have a finite end.....it might work out for the remaining recipients. Such as ending a pension for a 401k. IDK.

And the wizards that think they know.....lol.

When a pension plan has a 100 % vesting ratio it means that the plan has the resources to pay for everyone in that pension without contributing any more additional money into that plan, It can survive just on its investments, so if a company goes bankrupt it cannot touch those assets. True whatever benefits the employee has are frozen and there will not be any further monetary or vesting improvements if the company goes under.

Trucker Clock

When a pension plan has a 100 % vesting ratio it means that the plan has the resources to pay for everyone in that pension without contributing any more additional money into that plan, It can survive just on its investments, so if a company goes bankrupt it cannot touch those assets. True whatever benefits the employee has are frozen and there will not be any further monetary or vesting improvements if the company goes under.

I wasn’t going to tell him. I was going to let him wonder, or do a little research on his own. The research that should have been done before he retired and started drawing said pension.

qdg2

I wasn’t going to tell him. I was going to let him wonder, or do a little research on his own. The research that should have been done before he retired and started drawing said pension.
I wasn't going to tell him...."-God

The research that should have been done......that wouldn't even mean....wait for it....ANYTHING.
Right....the "investments".

God, you really are clueless, aren't you?
Nope. Financially secure and thriving....say, personally attack someone else...eh God? Do us all a favor and just leave.....

All that aside, when ENRON TANKED......our "esteemed union leader"(when asked why our pension fund was tanking)......"It's that Enron...."....in other words....."investments".

Thebrownblob

I wasn't going to tell him...."-God

The research that should have been done......that wouldn't even mean....wait for it....ANYTHING.

Right....the "investments".

Nope. Financially secure and thriving....say, personally attack someone else...eh God? Do us all a favor and just leave.....

All that aside, when ENRON TANKED......our "esteemed union leader"(when asked why our pension fund was tanking)......"It's that Enron...."....in other words....."investments".
Well even though you hate every democrat and believe republicans are always better, the current democrats made sure to right some wrongs caused by deregulation in the 80s. Because of this your pension from CS is secure in your lifetime🤷‍♂️ Rest easy in your golden years.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Forget it.
Multiple reasons.

And I don’t hate him at all.

I’ve had long conversations with that poster in private. He refuses to change how he interacts with others, refuses to take simple steps to disengage from the conflicts, and he refuses to acknowledge that his actions contribute to the problems.

I’m tired of going in circles with him. He won’t listen when I try to resolve it quietly.

In this case, he is wishing death on a poster, while crying to the mods about how he’s being attacked.

That’s ridiculous.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Multiple reasons.

I’ve had long conversations with that poster in private. He refuses to change how he interacts with others, refuses to take simple steps to disengage from the conflicts, and he refuses to acknowledge that his actions contribute to the problems.

I’m tired of going in circles with him. He won’t listen when I try to resolve it quietly.

In this case, he is wishing death on a poster, while crying to the mods about how he’s being attacked.

That’s ridiculous.
So, you saw my original comment. I didn't want to be banned for stating my opinion, so I edited it.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I did. Having an opinion that differs from mine is fine.

Your assertion about me hating him is completely wrong.

But your question about using a DM was perfectly valid.
LOL...Here we go.

I wrote: "...even IF you hate him".

An assertion is a basic statement of fact. I did not state that you hated him.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Multiple reasons.

That’s ridiculous.

CDE4A04B-118C-4693-9041-7B761DBD52A3.gif

qdg2

Well even though you hate every democrat and believe republicans are always better, the current democrats made sure to right some wrongs caused by deregulation in the 80s. Because of this your pension from CS is secure in your lifetime🤷‍♂️ Rest easy in your golden years.
This is not true. I'll speak for myself. Words mean things. Like every and always. There are Democrats in my Family. I don't hate them.

qdg2

@qdg2 stop reporting this post.

You’ve spent your last I don’t know how many posts name calling, and wishing death upon another poster.

If you would like to report this personal attack, you are right. It is one. And I will delete it.

And then I will ban you for personal attacks. I haven’t seen anyone else wishing death on you.
this?
Ok. Hateful simple observation. Better? Hateful, angry, jealous cyber bullying simple observation? What is it with the jealousy thing?

BTW, never claimed to be "so well educated". I do have 4 aviation degrees and a pilot's license. (So not allegedly).

Say, thought maybe you had(hopefully) met some sort of deserved demise.....but here we go again. Sigh.
Demise also means "the end of something"....Words have multiple meanings. We've had this problem before. And folks putting words in other folks mouths. He hadn't been around for awhile attacking me.....but started again.
And then DARED them to cut his lock....lmfao
started here. Post #9. Noting I didn't start it.
Seriously? How can you be so obtuse?
Here
Sweet, you caught me on a typo, and immediately back that up by displaying your stunning inability to properly use parentheses. Neat.
And on and on.
Attacking you?

I just made an observation from what you posted. And it was a true observation.

Another observation and not an attack. You promised to go away. Do everybody a favor and keep your promise.
Maybe in not the same exact words......

So, for the record.
God, you really are clueless, aren't you?
Now, most of these posts never go away, I don't start it and I'm told to stand down. Sure would appreciate some fairness and try to understand why this is? Publicly would be appreciated since I'm being singled out(publicly).

What I really don't understand: Why is it the victims fault?

this?

Demise also means "the end of something"....Words have multiple meanings. We've had this problem before. And folks putting words in other folks mouths. He hadn't been around for awhile attacking me.....but started again.

started here. Post #9. Noting I didn't start it.

Here

And on and on.

Maybe in not the same exact words......

So, for the record.

Now, most of these posts never go away, I don't start it and I'm told to stand down. Sure would appreciate some fairness and try to understand why this is? Publicly would be appreciated since I'm being singled out(publicly).

What I really don't understand: Why is it the victims fault?
Post #9 was a response to post #7 relating a story you told on this website previously.

Asking how you can be so obtuse is valid question, you should know, you use the adjective often. It was in response to your statement about Amazon freezing new guys if they bought UPS.

Your third quote of mine cannot be construed as an attack in any manner. You pointed out my typo, and in doing so, shined a light on your consistent misuse of parentheses. That was simply an observation.

Do better.