What would it take for a Yes Vote?

I am beginning to think you are some company troll pushing more concessions in the next contract. Enough with concessions every contract. Either stand up with the Union members or put your letter in for management.
I'm already of the belief that you've saved the company from a few FT jobs. You're a walking concession every day you show up to work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brownwind

The company would like to get rid of all car washers. And porters. and Feeder washers. Converting more FT jobs to either low wage PT or better outside service jobs.
Agree with you on washers, porters and feeder washers. Our building doesn’t have them anymore. I think the local sort washes occasionally. ( they wash my truck because I tip them and am decent to them).
When I started I had feeder wash job after my preload shift.

JustDeliverIt

Automatic yes is pricy. IMO, it would take:

Seniority employees $2/yr life of contract.
No forced 6th punch. You want to volunteer, you’re prerogative.
Harassment must be addressed.

Drivers:
All 22.4’s converted to RPCD. Bid routes based on seniority. You get a Saturday bid, you’re a Saturday driver. That simple.
No PVD’s. Ever.
3 year progression max with higher wages (start at $30, 1yr $34, 2 yr $38, top rate at 3)
Remove cameras.
Automatic 9.5 payout, no filing required.
8 hr request is 8 hrs. Not 8.49

FT inside:
3 yr procession max with adjusted pay scale for the classification.

PT:
$22/start. Make this a job quality employees want to work at and stay.
Catch up raises for seniority PT employees. .50/year of seniority added onto the $22/hr.

I’m sure there might be another item or two but this covers most of what I can think of.

The company has no issue paying management to stare at a computer all day and shareholders who have not lifted a finger. We’ve earned this.

JustDeliverIt

Judging by this thread there is going to be a lot of disappointed people out there.

Everything I laid out would make it an easy yes vote for me. Not saying I fully expect everything, but working towards that should be the goal imo.

In 6 weeks or so we’ll have to find out and go from there. Until then all we can do is wait.

FozziesDeliveries

They make $15.50 where i am so i am basing it off of that.
Same here, our part timers are at the contractual lowest amount which i think is that. People do not stay around for that. They constantly quit and then they are constantly training new loaders. So either preload is understaffed which results in loaders covering more trucks which results in more misloads and poorer load quality OR there is a revolving door of new people being trained which results in their loads always having misloads and being poor quality.
Alot of younger ones aren't thinking about the benefits they are thinking about the pay so when they have to work harder than expected and are getting harassed and yelled at they just peace out and go work somewhere else making more.

FozziesDeliveries

Judging by this thread there is going to be a lot of disappointed people out there.
I took this thread as a "what would it take for a no hesitation yes vote the first offer." Not a "no vote unless all these demands are met!" I could be wrong though.

Things that i am really hoping are addressed:
-Part time wage increase
-9.5 improvements
-central region pension adjustment
-central region sick days or more option days
-no in cab cameras, worse case though ABSOLUTELY no driver facing cameras
-elimination of 22.4s
-harassment addressed
-no forced 6th punch

Things that would be nice:
-removal of surepost
-adjustments to progression rates and time
-not forwarding so much work from monday to saturday and cutting bid routes
-not being treated as a swing driver when a bid drivers route is cut. We are not asked what route to run or if we want to bump or even notified sometimes they just put us where they want
-some stricter rules on how much they are allowed to change bid routes

I feel like there are more but i can't think right now.

Thebrownblob

Part Timers should get what Full Timers get. No less, no more.
I don't mind forward facing cameras so long as there is no sound to hear personal calls and no discipline. If OSHA and the public see video of how unsafe and unsanitary our package cars are it could work against the company in future negotiations.
Wait, how is that possible? They work half the hours or less. Even if they made the same rate, they would not get the same. This makes no sense.

Thebrownblob

I am beginning to think you are some company troll pushing more concessions in the next contract. Enough with concessions every contract. Either stand up with the Union members or put your letter in for management.
The company would like to get rid of all car washers. And porters. and Feeder washers. Converting more FT jobs to either low wage PT or better outside service jobs.
And with your help, the company could definitely do all these things. You’ve had your own concessionary contract your whole career.😂