Whats The Biggest Problem UPS Union Members Face

PT Car Washer

If I had my way, they wouldn't get any representation.

No benefits of a contract either.

If they choose to not join, not pay union dues, I all in favor of them making minimum wage and being abused like a red headed step children for their stupidity of not joining the union.
You mean treat them like PTers.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
It would be nice if I had a say in where my union dues go. Some of the things politically my union supports I don't support. My only issue with union dues and I am sure a lot of people have the same issue.

Ashell

The biggest issue working at UPS lack of morals and integrity. Its a union job, you get paid because you have been there. You are not going to get more money for working hard. In fact, you might get less. There is no reason to care about the customer and if they get their package in once piece and on time. Just set it off to the side and who knows how it got damaged. management raises are based on production, so crushing more packages through belts and slides and poor load quality that damages packages is a good thing. If and employee does something wrong, filed a grievance at all, or maybe just looks funny, doesn't smile at you and make you feel like a big shot... Then pick someone out and treat them like dirt. Spread rumors, shave their time, make their job harder some how so their production goes down. Then, hint to other people that they don't want to be treated like that person. The core operating principle of UPS is LIE, if you get caught make a concession if they have proof and you can't deny it.

Sure there are people that say they love their job and make lots of money, but that is a specific group of people. They are a small minority. And typically you have to give something you rightfully earned back to have a nice job at UPS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The biggest issue working at UPS lack of morals and integrity. Its a union job, you get paid because you have been there. You are not going to get more money for working hard. In fact, you might get less. There is no reason to care about the customer and if they get their package in once piece and on time. Just set it off to the side and who knows how it got damaged. management raises are based on production, so crushing more packages through belts and slides and poor load quality that damages packages is a good thing. If and employee does something wrong, filed a grievance at all, or maybe just looks funny, doesn't smile at you and make you feel like a big shot... Then pick someone out and treat them like dirt. Spread rumors, shave their time, make their job harder some how so their production goes down. Then, hint to other people that they don't want to be treated like that person. The core operating principle of UPS is LIE, if you get caught make a concession if they have proof and you can't deny it.

Sure there are people that say they love their job and make lots of money, but that is a specific group of people. They are a small minority. And typically you have to give something you rightfully earned back to have a nice job at UPS

I'm glad I don't work at your franchise.

image.jpg
Teamsters & anyone in a union or anyone who still wants a middle class. It's now. Call your rep and say no fast track

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I have family and friends at UPS. What's the biggest issues that you guys deal with on a day to day basis? What is the Company or your Local doing to correct them?
Well there are hundreds of reasons but I think my biggest problem that me myself personally have with them is, they will not answer the damn phone. We had this problem years ago, the BA and the President would never be at the office, you would leave the messages to call you back and never hear from them. You could have called them 30 times in a month and nothing. However they show up when election time roles around. We went through a period of time where we had a decent BA and he was real hands on, he got fired later down the road. Now we are back to the same thing. Our BA is the President as well and he is awful. He isn't from UPS so he doesn't care about us. I called him twice last week and left messages both times and still nothing. I will call him later today and it will be the same thing. I'm sorry but this is unacceptable. I don't even care if he can help me or not I just want him to be available. I'm really looking forward to next election so we can laugh in his face as he waddles through our parking lot.

M

Mike hunt

I would say keeping members informed and for the most part on the same page. The divide is greater in some places more than others. Looking at this board it paints a very horrible picture to someone on the outside looking into others situation.

Ron Carey lives on

The biggest problems for Ups members, is to remain complacent, and not get involed with grievances that will no doubt effect them in the future. It a good union job, but don't ever make the mistake thinking you are replaceable

Sent using BrownCafe App

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Well there are hundreds of reasons but I think my biggest problem that me myself personally have with them is, they will not answer the damn phone. We had this problem years ago, the BA and the President would never be at the office, you would leave the messages to call you back and never hear from them. You could have called them 30 times in a month and nothing. However they show up when election time roles around. We went through a period of time where we had a decent BA and he was real hands on, he got fired later down the road. Now we are back to the same thing. Our BA is the President as well and he is awful. He isn't from UPS so he doesn't care about us. I called him twice last week and left messages both times and still nothing. I will call him later today and it will be the same thing. I'm sorry but this is unacceptable. I don't even care if he can help me or not I just want him to be available. I'm really looking forward to next election so we can laugh in his face as he waddles through our parking lot.

If your BA/local president isn't returning your phone calls or the calls coming from your barn, get everyone to call the IBT Package Division at (202) 624-8755.

Every one needs to be specific (BA refusing to take/return calls, not being available) and multiple people need to call in.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
If your BA/local president isn't returning your phone calls or the calls coming from your barn, get everyone to call the IBT Package Division at (202) 624-8755.

Every one needs to be specific (BA refusing to take/return calls, not being available) and multiple people need to call in.
Alright thanks.