What's the latest on Amazon?

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
We had a distribution center open here, and I can see a difference in my car. The post office and Laser ship are delivering most of the Amazon packages. Amazon can't have us delivering their packages, when they charge their customers nothing, or almost nothing for shipping.
This will change. We have 2 centers near us, makes us a Zone 1, means Amazon has to pass everything to us to handle, this is how they are able to keep their shipping discount. Not sure how the zones are decided, etc and when, I am sure when we renegotiate the contract with them in a year or 2. LS and PO are delivering quite a bit still here I am sure.

Faceplanted

What does that even mean? Lol 18 an hour for a month.. Wowww.. So impressive.. I'm not there for the money dip shyt. They can send me home every night.. No one was skipped over... You don't even know what youre saying
Ok that I don't know what I'm talking about rookie. I have connects at your hub who work hr and are in charge of helpers. There are seasonal guys driving who were hired off the street

Your a real keyboard tuff guy

Good luck getting any management to admit this to u for fear of greviences.

Last edited:

Orion inc.

I like turtles
What does that even mean? Lol 18 an hour for a month.. Wowww.. So impressive.. I'm not there for the money dip shyt. They can send me home every night.. No one was skipped over... You don't even know what youre saying
Ok that I don't know what I'm talking about rookie. I have connects at your hub who work hr and are in charge of helpers. There are seasonal guys driving who were hired off the street

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1449686708.653425.jpg

AutoZone

BrownPower

Keyboard tuff guy? No.. I'm just telling you how it is... This app has nothing but trash talkers on it.. And it appeared to me that you were jumping on that bandwagon as well.. If you have connections to my hub, then you would know what I'm saying is real.. Yes I know they're all out there cause of peak.. But from my angle, I worked there 4 1/2 years with nothing thru the recession years... To work here less then a year and get thru driving school and be ready to go when needed is leaps and bounds over what I've previously been thru. That's why I'm excited...

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Keyboard tuff guy? No.. I'm just telling you how it is... This app has nothing but trash talkers on it.. And it appeared to me that you were jumping on that bandwagon as well.. If you have connections to my hub, then you would know what I'm saying is real.. Yes I know they're all out there cause of peak.. But from my angle, I worked there 4 1/2 years with nothing thru the recession years... To work here less then a year and get thru driving school and be ready to go when needed is leaps and bounds over what I've previously been thru. That's why I'm excited...
Seriously the stupid in you is so strong it's beyond comprehension.

The time you worked before you QUIT doesn't apply to anything at ups. The times and climate have changed. Let that go because it doesn't make you a veteran here rookie.

You will not be going on through driving school and on road in a year in Orlando. After peak, they'll have all those TCDs laid off before you. And then those guys will be going FT before you because they've gotten a taste of the job and pay.

The only thing you should get excited about is if you even get hired on PT after your seasonal gig is up. You'll most likely be laid off with the influx of employees coming back into the HUB(not a warehouse).

But hey you make $80,000 slinging auto parts so you're good.

Or apply at State Farm, they like Jakes.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Seriously the stupid in you is so strong it's beyond comprehension.

The time you worked before you QUIT doesn't apply to anything at ups. The times and climate have changed. Let that go because it doesn't make you a veteran here rookie.

You will not be going on through driving school and on road in a year in Orlando. After peak, they'll have all those TCDs laid off before you. And then those guys will be going FT before you because they've gotten a taste of the job and pay.

The only thing you should get excited about is if you even get hired on PT after your seasonal gig is up. You'll most likely be laid off with the influx of employees coming back into the HUB(not a warehouse).

But hey you make $80,000 slinging auto parts so you're good.

Or apply at State Farm, they like Jakes.
What is the reason you keep saying I'm seasonal??? I'm just curious here... I mean I've told you 30+ times I'm not.. Yet you keep saying I am.. I mean is that really how stupid you are?? I was rehired on 3 weeks before seasonal hires started.. And again, I'm aware my old seniority means nothing... I have no clue why you bring this up all the time as well.. When have I ever said it meant something.?? You really embody the trucker status.. Dumb fat old guy... And again, I know the guys that have been driving this peak will be on before me... I mean I'm agreeing on all aspects of the job, but you keep trying to correct me like I'm disagreeing... I really have lost interest in your responses... Same old broken record shyt

AutoZone

BrownPower
@Orion's my new BFF does have connections to your hub, but yet you continue to write off everything he says as garbage.
So, for me.. It's going to take years according to him just to go to school to become certified... But 3 guys on my aisle are less then 7 months and tcd... Yes, I get theyll be back in as soon as peak is over (for the 5763 time explaining that) but why 7 months for them and many years for me... Sounds like he's just talking out his rear! From what I hear, I just missed the sheets when I started by 2 weeks. Everyone that signed got called for school.. Some couldn't drive stick so couldn't go.. Others failed.. Doesn't sound like a "many years" wait to at least take that 1st step..

But he knows what he's talking about... Lol

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
So, for me.. It's going to take years according to him just to go to school to become certified... But 3 guys on my aisle are less then 7 months and tcd... Yes, I get theyll be back in as soon as peak is over (for the 5763 time explaining that) but why 7 months for them and many years for me... Sounds like he's just talking out his rear! From what I hear, I just missed the sheets when I started by 2 weeks. Everyone that signed got called for school.. Some couldn't drive stick so couldn't go.. Others failed.. Doesn't sound like a "many years" wait to at least take that 1st step..

You're comparing a TCD to a FT position? That's why people think everything you say is a joke. Sure some work a lot of hours throughout the year. But it's not a FT position. If you aren't needed you're in a the hub.

You love to talk about how much you make at your other job. Are you really going to give that up to MAYBE drive somedays and other days work in the hub?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
What is the reason you keep saying I'm seasonal??? I'm just curious here... I mean I've told you 30+ times I'm not.. Yet you keep saying I am.. I mean is that really how stupid you are?? I was rehired on 3 weeks before seasonal hires started.. And again, I'm aware my old seniority means nothing... I have no clue why you bring this up all the time as well.. When have I ever said it meant something.?? You really embody the trucker status.. Dumb fat old guy... And again, I know the guys that have been driving this peak will be on before me... I mean I'm agreeing on all aspects of the job, but you keep trying to correct me like I'm disagreeing... I really have lost interest in your responses... Same old broken record shyt

Yeah I guess after 20 plus years of actually being employed the whole time at ups, I have no idea. Yep you're right.

You're seasonal because you were hired in the seasonal time frame of the southern supplement. You even said that and tried to say you accrue seniority days during peak. You don't.

There is not this endless amount of driver positions being created like you seem to think it is. Once they fill the spots they need(and they will with the people in front of you) it'll be a long time until you see mass FT openings like we saw this past year. Maybe you shouldn't have quit the first time.

Oh and if you do get a shot, I can pretty much guarantee with how you presented yourself here that :

1) you won't make your 30 days.
2)you'll most likely get injured or in an accident
3) you won't be able to actually handle the job.

Oh and I have a few feeder driver friends out of that hub. Everything they day contradicts everything you seem to think.

And before you start calling others "dumb fat truckers" , you maybe want to learn to write an actual response that is coherent and without the shorthand spelling. Just saying. Your written responses make you look like a high school kid who didn't graduate.

Please come back in January and let us how you got laid off in the hub because volume dropped and all those TCDs went back to the sort.

But yeah I don't know what I'm talking about. I do have two things at ups you don't have, a FT job and a FT pension.

Let's us know when you quit again.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
@Orion's my new BFF does have connections to your hub, but yet you continue to write off everything he says as garbage.
You're comparing a TCD to a FT position? That's why people think everything you say is a joke. Sure some work a lot of hours throughout the year. But it's not a FT position. If you aren't needed you're in a the hub.

You love to talk about how much you make at your other job. Are you really going to give that up to MAYBE drive somedays and other days work in the hub?

Exactly. He's going to be pissed when all those TCDs go back in January. The FT jobs are starting to slow in hiring compared to when ups was really doing it last couple of years.

But we have no idea what we are talking about according to khakis State Farm jake here.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Exactly. He's going to be :censored2: when all those TCDs go back in January. The FT jobs are starting to slow in hiring compared to when ups was really doing it last couple of years.

But we have no idea what we are talking about according to khakis State Farm jake here.
It's because you're a dumb truck driver and I'm a yes man supervisor. We can't think for ourselves.