What's the latest on Amazon?

iruhnman630

I'm sitting home today. Our layoff and sick lists are a mile long, and the fresh batch of newbies that UPS was so desperately trying to recruit are waiting in the wings due to missing volume.

Apparently a big chunk of expected Amazon volume hasn't materialized.

Did they finally drop the bomb on UPS?

browner89

Probably have 3x as much Amazon coming through local sort than we did 3-4 months ago. If anything it looks like we took on another delivery companies Amazon volume, though I have no idea if Fed Ex is actually seeing less.

I just know we're seeing a lot more.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm sitting home today. Our layoff and sick lists are a mile long, and the fresh batch of newbies that UPS was so desperately trying to recruit are waiting in the wings due to missing volume.

Apparently a big chunk of expected Amazon volume hasn't materialized.

Did they finally drop the bomb on UPS?
Maybe you were expected to get a distribution center close and didn't.

Scoot

A local distribution center meant a loss of volume for my center. Amazon has regionals delivering out of it.
We just had a distribution center begin operation near us. Volume has been extremely low at our center for this time of year. We had enough guys laid off Monday to field both sides of a football team.

Foamer Pyle

We had a distribution center open here, and I can see a difference in my car. The post office and Laser ship are delivering most of the Amazon packages. Amazon can't have us delivering their packages, when they charge their customers nothing, or almost nothing for shipping.

PT Car Washer

We had a distribution center open here, and I can see a difference in my car. The post office and Laser ship are delivering most of the Amazon packages. Amazon can't have us delivering their packages, when they charge their customers nothing, or almost nothing for shipping.
And how long can a delivery service stay in business making little or no profit just to fill the trucks up with deliveries.

AutoZone

BrownPower
I work the unload/sort, and my hub has been inundated with irreg Amazon feeders.. I mean 53' after 53' feeders full of 70+ lbs huge shipments. UPS freight must be loving this! We have a distribution center close by here in Florida. These completey jam us up as our hub wasn't meant for irreg volume like this..

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I work the unload/sort, and my hub has been inundated with irreg Amazon feeders.. I mean 53' after 53' feeders full of 70+ lbs huge shipments. UPS freight must be loving this! We have a distribution center close by here in Florida. These completey jam us up as our hub wasn't meant for irreg volume like this..
Why would freight love it?