When does this all end

purplesky

OK. WE? What is the connection/issue with me? What are these serious issues? Insane people? Both sides of what? I am no island...true. My view is that an insane person mass murdered children(and adults). Killed his Mother with her own guns, which she allowed him access to, knowing he was insane. Not sure where I fit in here....or you. I guess I could try to pick out and somehow render all these insane folks harmless.....I guess. Or make you do it. Or...what? See? Now, YOU TELL ME THE SOLUTION! Short of locking this guy up(and who makes that decision?) he was free to mass murder........with a rifle, fertilizer bomb, underwear bomb etc. Since I'm daft(sad and pathetic too).........TELL ME THE SOLUTION. So far, the liberals want to take away all the guns and video games. And to that logical end......anything that could ever harm anyone. Anything harmful. Oh, and give everyone free healthcare, $40 an hour jobs, housing, food and transportation. Those are our societal problems, right? Do all of this(a liberals paradise) and we're all set...right?

want to retire,
You have to realize we are all in this together. You are making this a liberal vs conservative issue and its just not that simple. This insane kid was a PRODUCT OF OUR SOCIETY and SO IS THE BATMAN SHOOTER IN COLORADO. There are family,culture,economic issues involved that mold these individuals who are acting out and killing people.

Obama is not a liberal. You do realize that I hope? Where did you hear exactly that anyone WANTS TO TAKE AWAY ALL GUNS AND VIDEO GAMES? There are some Republicans and Democrats that are now considering gun control of rapid fire type assault weapons.
arent some stores pulling theses weapons from shelves?

You have great passion and I respect that but you are trying to put millions of people into this LIBERAL MOLD THAT JUST ISNT TRUE.

moreluck

golden ticket member
RUN. HIDE. FIGHT. Surviving an Active Shooter Event

. Kudos to the City of Houston for making it available to everyone!

It’s a shame that we have to actually wonder what we’d do if we were ever in this situation. But…here we are.

I think too that if you have children (age-appropriate of course) this is a valuable tool for
them as well. Especially if they’re older and not with you 24/7, like at the movies or mall.

God Bless and be safe!

This is a video the city of Houston put together on what to do should you (a citizen) run

across an active shooter, such as the guy in the movie theater.They were just finishing it
when the Colorado shootings occurred. If you haven’t seen it, it is well worth the watch
and worth sharing with your family and friends as well.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
I'm not talking about just throwing these people in a deep dark hole. It should be much easier to institutionalize people though. In many states they can simply refuse treatment. How does an insane person have the right to refuse treatment.
Because of Supreme Court rulings.

moreluck

golden ticket member
What is your opinion of 'Teach For America'?

Links without opinions behind them are useless. In most forums you would be warned, then banned.:peaceful:
Maybe, just maybe you won't read about this anywhere else! I provided it for discussion. My opinion of educators is not what you want to hear.......so I keep it right next to my opinion of psychiatrists.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Putting a cop in every school is an perfect idea.
The best choices for the new jobs would be the now out of work vets.
They are already trained & trying to adjust back into society.
Just think of the rewards that this job could bring , having someone standing tall at the front door every morning .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just think of the rewards that this job could bring , having someone standing tall at the front door every morning .

Here's the budget for the armed guards at school....And these are 2010 figures....larger now probably.

The 2010 United States federal budget spent $52.7 billion out of $3.55 trillion (1.5%) on foreign aid.

United States foreign aid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

packageguy

I like that idea, I also think we should stop sending money overseas, and start taking care of our own..