Which carrier has the best or worst package handling?

Over the years (and I hate to admit this) I would say maybe 25% of the deliveries I have received by UPS looked like they had been thru a war zone! The verdict is still out on FedEx Ground as I really haven't had that many deliveries to form an opinion. Just by observation the deliveries that I have received by the USPS looked in the best shape.....you know...very few accordion wrinkles on the box, corners not bent in and, can remember only 1 that had rewrap tape all over the box. Just wondering about your experiences.

Over the years (and I hate to admit this) I would say maybe 25% of the deliveries I have received by UPS looked like they had been thru a war zone! The verdict is still out on FedEx Ground as I really haven't had that many deliveries to form an opinion. Just by observation the deliveries that I have received by the USPS looked in the best shape.....you know...very few accordion wrinkles on the box, corners not bent in and, can remember only 1 that had rewrap tape all over the box. Just wondering about your experiences.

I think shippers cutting costs by re-using boxes and not wanting to use enough tape for weight.
Also a lot of them not knowing how to pack or ship it( Amazon likes to put 50# dog food in box made for 10-20#'s. Also think amazon, jcpenney and target have cut back on amount of glue they use on their brown packing tape.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Why don't you try this company. Every box seems in great shape.
Warner-Bros.-reveals-the-Looney-Tunes-ACME-warehouse.jpg

ACMEHeader.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Amazon .
one strip of tape and no inside cushions .
Always a joy to be sorting to an upper belt and the contents shift back towards your face .

smapple

I used to blame UPS in general for messed up boxes and whatnot. Then I started unloading and to be honest probably 99% of the time the fault lies with the loader before the truck reaches the UPS hub. I've had so many trucks where lazy :censored2:s that loaded it put the light stuff in first then heavy irregs last or vice-versa and the heavy stuff all just lean on and crush the light boxes, or for some reason the securing strap is so tight they ripped in or crushed 80% of the boxes in the first wall, or they don't secure the walls at all and when you open the truck 20 boxes just spill out all over the place, or you see 1 line of tape on a 125lb box, or for some reason they have a pallet with boxes on top of a pallet with boxes and of course the boxes directly under it are crushed.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would say one carrier is just as bad as the other. The bottom line is "pack your stuff like it has to go through WWIII" because it does!

UPSGUY72

MY experience is that UPS Fed Ex and the Postal service handle 10 of millions of packages a day. If you expect the outside packaging of your package to look pristine when you get it your and idiot. The outside and inside packaging is met to protect the inside contents from getting damaged. By being able to take the punishment that come with being shipped and handle 10 to 20 times if not more before it gets to it destination.

Some companies skimp on package they get what they deserve.

box_beeyotch

If you've ever spent time inside of a ups facility working a sort, you would never order a Damn thing offline again. With that being said, when you have a brick loaded package car, things happen. It is what it is.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I think it's all about the same across carriers. I still don't get why people think boxes will look brand new after shipping them. That's what the boxes are for, to protect the contents.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've had so many trucks where lazy :censored2:s that loaded it put the light stuff in first then heavy irregs last or vice-versa and the heavy stuff all just lean on and crush the light boxes, or for some reason the securing strap is so tight they ripped in or crushed 80% of the boxes in the first wall, or they don't secure the walls at all and when you open the truck 20 boxes just spill out all over the place, or you see 1 line of tape on a 125lb box, or for some reason they have a pallet with boxes on top of a pallet with boxes and of course the boxes directly under it are crushed.

You don't get to decide what order the stuff comes down the belt. It goes in when it comes down. Properly packed boxes should not crush because a heavier box is on top of it.