Which carrier has the best or worst package handling?

MechLift

I would say one carrier is just as bad as the other. The bottom line is "pack your stuff like it has to go through WWIII" because it does!
FedEx has us sign off on showing how to take a leisurely couple of minutes to explain to customers how to properly pack a shipment and the next day you're screwed for a gap in productivity.

It's gotten worse, today I had a small FedEx box that had been torn in half then taped back together again. Just the kind of Purple Promise encounter I look forward to.

Why not keep a constant flow of black box recorders going through the system to see when and where the damage was happening and without firing a bunch of people minimize the problem? Who knows, by accidentally trying to please the customer you may gain a reputation for better handling and grow your base.

chris9834

Ive worked both FDX Grd and now UPS. They both have there damaged packages more UPS but go figure we have way more volume which means more packages that can be damaged...imo the bigger the shipper the worst the packing imo target and amazon absouletly suck at packing. The other day I delivered a amazon box similar in size as a dish network box she opened it up inside was 5 pk or drink coasters and a normal size drinking glass accompanied by 10 airbag packing u tell me is it us or the shipper...sure there is cases where something happens to the package that no matter how good the packing is it wont save it, but majority of the times I can hold a package and tell you if it is well packed or not as many drivers can.

NEnewbie

I feel like an elf.
Well the guy in the second video is obese and out of shape, and looks gassed. I don't think he would make it if he did the job correctly so he takes shortcuts at the expense of the customers.