Which courier are you

Yomama11

I've worked for express for 12 years at 2 different stations and come to the conclusion that fedex has several types of couriers
THE MILK MAN- this driver gets 11 hours each day regardless if they have 50 stops or 90
The Lazy Guy-this driver never can help anyone else and always needs to be helped out on his route
The Cryer- very emotional courier that can turn on the tears for anything.
The textbook courier- very similar to the milk man but this driver gets so many hours because every policy and rule is followed by this courier.
The superstar-always does well on their route,takes extra stops,doesn't complain,pretty much an over achiever and the person that fedex want to go into management...
Those are just a few what others am I missing

Purplepackage

I've worked for express for 12 years at 2 different stations and come to the conclusion that fedex has several types of couriers
THE MILK MAN- this driver gets 11 hours each day regardless if they have 50 stops or 90
The Lazy Guy-this driver never can help anyone else and always needs to be helped out on his route
The textbook courier- very similar to the milk man but this driver gets so many hours because every policy and rule is followed by this courier.
The superstar-always does well on their route,takes extra stops,doesn't complain,pretty much an over achiever and the person that fedex want to go into management...

I'm the milk man when I need to be, but I also do well on all routes and will take extra from the cry baby's. I've been doing this a very long time (too long honestly) so I know how to work the system as well

Yomama11

I'm the milk man when I need to be, but I also do well on all routes and will take extra from the cry baby's. I've been doing this a very long time (too long honestly) so I know how to work the system as well
Nice, the player!!..the player knows how to work the system

bacha29

The Paralysis Brothers. You know, guys who move just fast enough to keep paralysis from setting in. Don't be critical of them . After all they only they'd show up. They never promised they'd work.

Future

Victory Ride
There's gonna be blood seeping out of your beak if you keep up the attitude boy.
image.gif

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm the kind of courier who crosses her t's and dots her i's. I do my job and do it well. Very low maintenance. I don't whine and complain, just get it done. I used to be the go-to girl once upon a time, a super courier you might say. Now, I never volunteer and always say no.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The Paralysis Brothers. You know, guys who move just fast enough to keep paralysis from setting in. Don't be critical of them . After all they only they'd show up. They never promised they'd work.
I was at a station that had one of those swings, who always asked anyone in the loop to "help a brother out." We nicknamed him HBO. Whenever he hit me up for help, I told him it was Showtime, not HBO.:D

fdxsux

Used to be the Superstar, but after seeing where that got me (nowhere), I'm probably The Milkman now. I can still knock it out when I need to, but I feel bad if I give FedEx too much effort. Since they took away split shift pay you could send me out with 10 stops and I'd still take no more than an hour break.

outtatime

I was at a station that had one of those swings, who always asked anyone in the loop to "help a brother out." We nicknamed him HBO. Whenever he hit me up for help, I told him it was Showtime, not HBO.:D
I've met that swing. He'll have dispatch send someone to help him at 4pm only to give away 5 of his 12 stops left. Took longer to drive to meet him than actually deliver the 5. Got back to the sta about 5:30 and here he comes behind me. Got so sick of going to help the crybabies that I'd finish the route for the day and head back to the station without clearing with dispatch. Then log off the PP after the paperwork was done. Never heard a word about doing that.

bacha29

Used to be the Superstar, but after seeing where that got me (nowhere), I'm probably The Milkman now. I can still knock it out when I need to, but I feel bad if I give FedEx too much effort. Since they took away split shift pay you could send me out with 10 stops and I'd still take no more than an hour break.
Keep something in mind. That's company's greed has reached a level to where a conscientious effort is not rewarded (unless you're a manager) it's exploited. When they find that type of person they will use every trick in their book to see how wide a disparity ( which is already too wide) they can create between the value they offer and the value they receive from the employee. The situation at ground is a prime example. As a result of the pittance they pay their 21st century Simon Legree ISP contractors the contractor has to demand top of the scale performance for bottom of the scale money from his people and as time goes by they catch on to it .

!Retired!

I'm the kind of courier who crosses her t's and dots her i's. I do my job and do it well. Very low maintenance. I don't whine and complain, just get it done. I used to be the go-to girl once upon a time, a super courier you might say. Now, I never volunteer and always say no.
Ditto. Just give me my stuff and leave me alone. But, I started volunteering for Saturdays. My wife went back to school and works every other weekend. So, when she works, I figure I might as well too. It'll pay for my new tattoo.

dezguy

I'm the guy who comes in, does his work and punches out. I don't take more than the stop count sheet tells me to, don't cause waves unless I have to stand up for myself. I try to stay as under the radar as I can but will voice my opinion if needed.