Who came up with this 9.5 "opt in" list BS?!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Years ago in Package as a swing driver I had an hour lunch & two 15 minute breaks that I would take as one whole block. I had a ride along and the route I was covering was half tight resi then half of rural stuff where you had 4 stops in a square mile but you had to go in 4 different ways to get to each stop (very few street signs & numbers either). We ran off the resi & then I took meal it just killed him to sit there for that long while I ate a nice meal and read the whole paper. We were out past 9 in a crappy P600 that beat us to death and he ended up having me bring back 15 or so stops. He changed my meal to a half hour shortly after & never rode with me again.

Just like when they ride with you and there is a bell at a stop and it takes 1 minute for someone to come to the door..."omg they are killing us here"..."what the friend is taking them so long"..."do they always take so long here?"....we are talking about 1 minute for one or two stops which I do have to wait.....even though that time is make up by 10 when I go back for pickups and said stops help me load.feeder, you are right...any, any down time just eats them up inside...that's what happens when micromanagement and obsessive number crunching run wild with no accountability.Thats what happens when they give us a little technology but want 80x the returns on it...

stink219

Work at a "brisk" pace....come on, what does that even mean, just a corporate catch phrase?
This is my philosophy. They say walk at a brisk pace? Yet they can't define brisk pace. So I did the math for them. Based on the fact that the telematics time allowance for distance is is calculated at 2 feet per second, I equate that to 1.36 MPH. Do you realize at that pace my grandmother can beat that in her walker. So the next time a manager busts you stones for walk pace, as him for you MPH.

browniehound

I have an opinion about the 9.5 list and I'm sure its unpopular. I don't think there should be one because it just screws other drivers in your loop. You can say it will force UPS to add more routes but that is never going to happen. I believe when you sign up for the driver job you signed up for the workload they give you. If you don't want the OT why would you sign a driver bid? Don't like working OT? Bid a 22.3 job or work a 9-5 job at another company.

I feel the same about 8 hour requests. Either come to work and do the job or take a day and do what you have to do. I have to do your job now because you want out early twice a month? Not fair. Besides, if I only work 8 hours I sit in traffic that takes me 3 times as long to get home. The result is I get home 10 minutes earlier on 8 hours compared to 9+.

stink219

I have an opinion about the 9.5 list and I'm sure its unpopular. I don't think there should be one because it just screws other drivers in your loop. You can say it will force UPS to add more routes but that is never going to happen. I believe when you sign up for the driver job you signed up for the workload they give you. If you don't want the OT why would you sign a driver bid? Don't like working OT? Bid a 22.3 job or work a 9-5 job at another company.

I feel the same about 8 hour requests. Either come to work and do the job or take a day and do what you have to do. I have to do your job now because you want out early twice a month? Not fair. Besides, if I only work 8 hours I sit in traffic that takes me 3 times as long to get home. The result is I get home 10 minutes earlier on 8 hours compared to 9+.
How long have you been a driver? Do you know most people never worked past 9.5 before 03? Did you know UPS could legally work you 14 hours per day?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

mate you would farking HATE life if you ran in my loop

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This is my philosophy. They say walk at a brisk pace? Yet they can't define brisk pace. So I did the math for them. Based on the fact that the telematics time allowance for distance is is calculated at 2 feet per second, I equate that to 1.36 MPH. Do you realize at that pace my grandmother can beat that in her walker. So the next time a manager busts you stones for walk pace, as him for you MPH.
Ha..your grandmother would probably be a better sup than half of the overweight ones we have now...

Buck Fifty

Unassigned drivers can file here. I'm unassigned and currently have two weeks of penalties pending and have already deposited close to $1000.00 since May.

This is true here also, but you must run the same route on the 3 days you go over. At our center unassigned drivers do not have the advantage of bidding a route that will be open because of vacation by bid drivers.

In these cases, I tell them to document everyday ( the route they run may not be in, sups also use knowledge as a reason to take them off a route the 3rd day, etc.) , but most don't. Since most our unassigned drivers have been driving for more than 4 years, the new contract will give them some leverage in these cases.

i bet I have nearly 50 grievances for these guys tied up at the national committee. One in particular has been violated at least 12 to 15 times and the company still won't pay him. He's even filed when he was on the same route 4 days and hasn't been paid on them. Eventually he will get the big check, but its crap he has had to wait this long.

We need stiffer penalties on this language and we didn't get. Crap I tell ya. (Just in case you didn't know where I stood on this)