Who can help with a logo ? Dizzee, maybe ???

klein

Für Meno :)
Health rules are nothing. We have a permanent health license now, and at special events they drop by for 5 to 10 minutes just to check everything is clean, hot water is up and running, waste water is taken care of, and the cooling/heating is appropiate as well as proper storage.

Well, Rona was actually a success. Ever since the weekend there, my phone has been ringing once per day, and they want us out on their events.
In the past 3 days we got 3 more special events under contract.
The next one is an oldtimer & classic car show next Saturday (Aug 13th).
Aug 14th is a downtown Art gallery.
Labor Day weekend is the Folksfest in Whitecourt with all day outdoor concert and different bands.
The following weekend, (after Labor Day), is a huge soccer tournament (just got that call today).

It's looking good, that's all I need to do, is work a weekend, and earn more money then the average Joe that works all week long. :)

klein

Well, in the middle of re-arranging my van for this weekend events.
Found a pair of shorts I was wearing at the pilgrimage, guess what was in a pocket ?

$730 cash ! :)

I guess, I didn't get stolen from as much as I first predicted !
Now, I'm happy :)

DS

Fenderbender
$750? Man , for someone that cuts coupons out to get bargains,how could this happen?
Was the weinerman too busy squeezing boobies or indulging in illicit activities that he forgot about it?

klein

Well, to be honest, I had some very long days, starting up at 7am (after sleeping in my van over night), and it went until 1 am. I remember changing my beige coloured shorts inbetween, because they just got too black during the day, and I guess I just left the money I made up until then in those shorts.

And 1 am, those were the early nights, too.
I had to go back to the city 3 times within that week, too and getting home closer to 3:30 am, because I needed more supplies in the morning, and wanted a decent shower and sleep, even though sleep was rare on those home trips - no more then 2 or 3 hrs !

Well, anyways, got my grill and cart all cleaned up, taking off the old decals today, and putting on a new one (Hotdogfather), then need to pick up my buns and hotdogs for this weekend.

I'm going to try to be at the event as soon as the gates for vendors open tomorrow at 7:30am, and make some good money on coffee first thing, I hope.
I'm actually selling Tim Hortons coffee ! :)

Suppose to be 27C, a nice hot summer day, my ice cream should sell out, too ! :)

I did hire another girl as a helper, too. We do need atleast a 3rd person, so we can have bathroom breaks, or get supplies if needed.
It's the hardest part to calculate how much we sell and if we have too much or too little stock on hand.

But, if you think my last helper didn't steal off me, you're wrong, because once I left $40 in the till, while she sold several hotdogs and bottles of pop within 30-45 minutes, and once I returned to the stand (I was only nearby, taking a break and had a few cigs and watching from about 7 meters away at the picnic table), my first instinct was to take out the excessive cash out of the till. - But there was none ! Same $40.00 I left in it , when I went for the break !
I was chocked !

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well, to be honest, I had some very long days, starting up at 7am (after sleeping in my van over night), and it went until 1 am. I remember changing my beige coloured shorts inbetween, because they just got too black during the day, and I guess I just left the money I made up until then in those shorts.

And 1 am, those were the early nights, too.
I had to go back to the city 3 times within that week, too and getting home closer to 3:30 am, because I needed more supplies in the morning, and wanted a decent shower and sleep, even though sleep was rare on those home trips - no more then 2 or 3 hrs !

Well, anyways, got my grill and cart all cleaned up, taking off the old decals today, and putting on a new one (Hotdogfather), then need to pick up my buns and hotdogs for this weekend.

I'm going to try to be at the event as soon as the gates for vendors open tomorrow at 7:30am, and make some good money on coffee first thing, I hope.
I'm actually selling Tim Hortons coffee ! :)

Suppose to be 27C, a nice hot summer day, my ice cream should sell out, too ! :)

I did hire another girl as a helper, too. We do need atleast a 3rd person, so we can have bathroom breaks, or get supplies if needed.
It's the hardest part to calculate how much we sell and if we have too much or too little stock on hand.

But, if you think my last helper didn't steal off me, you're wrong, because once I left $40 in the till, while she sold several hotdogs and bottles of pop within 30-45 minutes, and once I returned to the stand (I was only nearby, taking a break and had a few cigs and watching from about 7 meters away at the picnic table), my first instinct was to take out the excessive cash out of the till. - But there was none ! Same $40.00 I left in it , when I went for the break !
I was chocked !

I think that justified klein since you are an owner of a business out there make tons of money off the poor hard working employees which you don't appreciate and trust.
Maybe you should have gone into management at UPS. :wink2:

You filthy rich, exploitative, selfish rich person.

klein

I won't make it rich this year - we started way too late :(

We set up today, and have been warned by the orgainizer, that we'll have line ups of 50+ people wanting hot dogs and hamburgers.
She seen it last year and luckily that guy from last year cancelled, and I was lucky to get in on short notice. (mind you, she thanked us today, again, for being there on short notice) !

Hopefully I sell out, I only have around 400+ dogs/smokies on hand, but that's $2000 for the day with drinks.
Ice cream and coffee might bring in another few hundred - but will be the hottest day of the year so far tomorrow (coffee sales I doubt) - besides we are placed once again, right next to the Beer tents , LOL ! Beer just seems to follow me everywhere ! Totally odd we always seem to get that spot, in almost every event we go ! LMAO !

I guess I know, where I'll be taking my break ! :)

Last edited:

klein

Well the organizer lied to us :(

Line ups were over 100 ! Crazy day ! Most craziest day I had ever done this job or doing any other job for that matter.
Think of UPS and twice the work load, that's how is was ! Non stop from 11am on.
I had to hire anothere 2 people on the spot, so we could keep going !
It was crazy busy. No time for a bathroom break, nor for a cig break, nothing - just contant line up !

Another event we'll be next yearr forsure !
We actually got credit from the organisers that we were able to keep up, and had enough stock ! :) - They didn't think we could handel it, after seeing the line ups. - So funny, but almost true, if we didn't get lucky enough to have my helpers b/friend and kid comming out and helping us out.

That family made almost $500 for the day, cash money - but well deserved ! They worked their butts off, too. Besides, she got over $80 in tips, too.

Meno, you would love this job, every event is different.
Tomorrow, I'm suppose to be at a body artist, - I guess they paint naked bodies...LOL - but seriously, that's what he does. I'm not certain if I'm going yet, because it has to be worth my time, and according to the info I have only 150-200 people are there.

If we have additional access to the public (It's downtown), then it would be worth while, otherwise, I might just stay home.

Today, I can honestly say, I'm proud to be a hot dog guy ! Even my helper couldn't believe I was able to keep up with all the orders. It was awesome !

Best money sofar I ever made in 1 day ! :)

I did make a few picks just before we shut down - and I'll post them later, sorry Sat, had no time to make pics when the line up was as long as a football fied, - and trust me, I'm not kidding !

Great day and I'm even proud of myself :)

klein

Seems to be the newest trend around here, instead of wearing tops, some girls just get body paint on them. Seen it at Boonstock, too, but my camera battery died by then.

Pictures speak for themselves, that's how much fun the crowd has around me :)

klein

From yesterday :

8:30pm, SUNDAY AUGUST 14th – just joe clarke’s art show part 3!
join us for a night of epic art, live painting and beautiful models showing off their love of the visual! featuring human dynamo joe clarke on the brushes, the sultry sounds of bngwtr on stage and much more expressive edmonton culture – bring your friends and come be a part of amazing! featuring massages, tarot, delicious hot-dogs by the dog-father and much more, bring a friend and come take part in art! 8:30pm show, 18+.

And to Steve, maybe just jelous I have such a fun job ?
I'm loving it ! :)

Last edited:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Klein, have you ever tried Liehs & Steigerwald handmade hot dogs? They are made by a butcher in Syracuse & Clay, NY. David Rosengarten says they are the best in the US. I'm going there next week.