Who runs your misloads at your center?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Tim., Jul 18, 2013.

1. Tim.

Tim. Package Placement Expert

At our center, sups drive around and retrieve misloads from drivers who cant deliver them. My question, wouldnt this be considered union work?

2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yes u can file on this. This is pretty much all that our sups do all day long also.

3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I file on a daily basis. Show me the moneyyyyyyy

4. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

I have filed and won on this several times

5. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

we senior drivers usually let the lower seniority guys file on it, they are still in progression and can use the extra cash.
    and YES by all means file!!! Management accepts it as the cost of doing business

6. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

We use people on TAW whenever they're available for misroutes, lately we've had an abundance of people on TAW. Our injury/accident rate rises with every round of route cuts. Apparently the savings from cutting routes hasn't exceeded the costs incurred by the accidents/injurys on a report that our management team is rated by at this time.

7. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Only teamster package car drivers run misloads in 407.

8. OPTION3

OPTION3 Well-Known Member

You do know that YOU can file for someone else right..hehe

9. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Most drivers here don't deliver nor scan the misloads. They end up with the clerk or are found by the preload the next morning. Its pathetic.

10. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

File, they are stealing jobs away from part timers.

11. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I totally agree with this! When i was a cover driver and being sent back into the building to work. I used to file non stop on this because he was taking my job away from me! Please file everytime you see this. What most drivers don't realize is PT are not around to see the sups running misloads. So they cant file. I see it as my duty to file for them.

12. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

For us it all depends on if they want to leave their office that day. One day sups will come and get them and the next they will send a message saying thay we have to run OA's. Last time I was told I had to run my OA's I was in for an 8 hour day. Ran OA's, punched out in 9 hours, filed for not getting my 8 hour. win win for me.