Who's honestly going to retire as soon as they reach their benefit age?

Over disciplined0123

I was eligible in Jan 2010 but I was red-circled for company wide buyout so I stayed a couple more years to financially recoup the buyout from which I was not offered.
I was moved to another position where I worked for about 6 months before I turned in my notice.
Worked until Jan 2013 when I retired.
I should have left Jan 2012 ... the last position was the worst job I had in UPS in 40 years of employment.
What was the position

Over disciplined0123

And wants to work till he is 65 or 70 at UPS. I already plan on like starting a business or getting a different job when I retire but I will not spend a day more at ups then I have to

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And wants to work till he is 65 or 70 at UPS. I already plan on like starting a business or getting a different job when I retire but I will not spend a day more at ups then I have to

Be very careful as they do check to see if you are working more than you are allowed to under the revised pension rules.

There are no such limits if you are self employed.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Be very careful as they do check to see if you are working more than you are allowed to under the revised pension rules.

There are no such limits if you are self employed.

Actually, Dave, I do believe the pension funds will sometimes look at your income from an owned business.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Yeah, I wasn't sure about that one, although I believe the emphasis is more on those retirees who work for someone else.

I couldn't tell you where, but I definitely remember reading where someone got nailed for making too much money from their own business while collecting.

Over disciplined0123

Now there gonna talk about rules. If they stuck to their rules where did our pension fund money disappear to . Hopefully not a campaign fund . And why are my union dues $90.00 a month

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Very proud and lucky I never had an injury at work, its just a result of almost 40 years of work. Almost a normal part of life now, my body all crookedy. Hate to be a thread derailer but does anybody have any advice on the legs cramps? I get them so bad in the thigh and lower legs just about makes me bawl. And weird thing is never get them while working, only on weekends really when I get up from relaxing.
Do you take cholesterol meds?

rod

Retired 22 years
I retired the very first day I had written PROOF that I was able to. I trusted NO BODY at that time. 30 years and 27 days. It still pisses me off that it took the Union 27 extra days to send me written proof.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Delivered an oversized signature required package to one of our most recent retirees yesterday. While I was wrestling the exercise equipment in to his garage he told me his Oct. 1 pension deposit was about $700 less than the previous month.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I retired the very first day I had written PROOF that I was able to. I trusted NO BODY at that time. 30 years and 27 days. It still pisses me off that it took the Union 27 extra days to send me written proof.
This is why you "take it" because there's no guarantee it or you will be there later.....not just retirement ,but other things too. Use the good dishes........take S.S as soon as you are able to.

rod

Retired 22 years
This is why you "take it" because there's no guarantee it or you will be there later.....not just retirement ,but other things too. Use the good dishes........take S.S as soon as you are able to.

I always advise anyone who asks to wait until they are at least 80 to start SS. (The less taking out of the pot the longer it will last for me).