Who's Working New Years Eve (or day)?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by over9five, Dec 30, 2009.

1. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I am. 1400 start WAD.

2. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I'm working too, air only is easy money. I went home Monday morning, so I decided to make it up with some double time. I'll have to drag my mapbook out of my locker, I don't know a good bit of the route that will be thrown in with mine.

3. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Not. We had to force from the bottom up for New Years Eve. People used to volunteer for this gravy. Says something about the morale of the workforce when you can't get people to work for 60 bucks an hour on top of holiday pay.

4. LED

LED Member

Not Me! I've had enough. I am sitting this one out.

5. over9five

Probably true. I didn't sign up, but they didn't get enough people and came around asking. So I'm helping out....

6. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

I'm not "helping out"...I'm only doing it for the money. College will be expensive for the kids. Every little bit helps, and its as easy as it gets.

7. over9five

Exactly. I'm helping myself out.

8. over9five

You guys doing hours worked or eight? I'm doing 8, but I'm hoping they'll let us do hours worked, no lunch.

9. bigbrownhen

bigbrownhen New Member

Yep, Ill be out there. Like Scratch, I took Monday off, so it all balances out.

10. 40 and out

40 and out Active Member

I am working New Years Eve. Will make as much in 4 hours as I would have if I had worked all day Monday.

11. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

I'm working hours worked hopefully I'll be home by noon

12. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

We get two days a year to provide perfect service. Places that are closed, Hey there may be someone waiting for that NDA. No one yells about overallow, plus we are getting snow. So it will be a walk in the park. My boss said, and for once I agree. Its pretty bad when you have to "force' people to work for 60 bucks an hour. I agree, and Im there for that easy money, its the only day all year we make easy money, twice as sweet at twice the price.

13. jenniferlynn

jenniferlynn New Member

Is New Year's Eve double-time?

14. toonertoo

YUP, all day long.

15. over9five

Time and a half here. I get ripped off!

16. toonertoo

well you get sick days, we just never get sick, LOl, check your contract, they used to pull that on us too.

17. jenniferlynn

jenniferlynn New Member

I sure didn't think it was one of UPS's holidays...wow!

18. Bad Gas!

Bad Gas! Active Member

I just repaired the daughters car with a new timing belt, etc., etc....Grad Students need all the help they can get..I hope the weather backs off. (Cold rain down south.)..4 to 6 hours will be plenty for me...I used to request 8 hours and would need help to get it under 10 hours....Our dispatch guys smoke crack on a regular basis..

19. jenniferlynn

jenniferlynn New Member

Well I'll be damned!! I had to look at last year's paystub...and I did get paid double-time, plus the holiday...I should have known that!! Sheesh!!

20. Brown Rocket

Brown Rocket Member

I am working the eve. They had to send a message yesterday. "We need ten more volunteers for tomorrow. If we do't get them we'll find them from the bottom up" I had already signed. I am running a Z car with 40 stops on it. They are all over town. Some I know some I don't but I have a good map. Cake.

It is sad when you have to force people to work for easy money.