Holiday pay and overtime

UPSmechanicinblue

Is last Friday all overtime if we had Holiday pay on Sunday for New years eve? Monday New years, the ones that are on sch and work Monday through Friday? I think they use to give us Mondays off as observed if Holidays fell on a sunday to prevent this, I don't think we get overtime if holiday was on a Saturday if employees worked Monday through Friday? central region MI rider

R1wonder

Sunday is the start of the week why does nobody know this . We are being paid for Sunday , paid for Monday with the day off . And then what we work up to Saturday

UPSmechanicinblue

Sunday is the start of the week why does nobody know this . We are being paid for Sunday , paid for Monday with the day off . And then what we work up to Saturday
we know this. how is overtime computed with holidays? is Sunday and Monday considered 2 workdays and anything beyond 5 is overtime? If holiday was on a Saturday it isn't paid time and a half for the Monday thru Friday.

Thebrownblob

we know this. how is overtime computed with holidays? is Sunday and Monday considered 2 workdays and anything beyond 5 is overtime? If holiday was on a Saturday it isn't paid time and a half for the Monday thru Friday.
Sunday is not a regularly, scheduled workday. It’s only only an extra day of pay not a punch.

UPSmechanicinblue

Sunday is not a regularly, scheduled workday. It’s only only an extra day of pay not a punch.
This is how I they got around the overtime in the past then, I am hearing that even UPS labor when asked by our BA is saying it's overtime this year, maybe changed something in this contract? We are being told that new years week for a mon -fri that Friday is a 6th punch and Saturday is a 7th. Like you said Xmas week was a Monday and drivers who worked Saturday received overtime. for the Mon-thru Friday drivers. we are in the central region.

UPSmechanicinblue

article 12 sec 8

Attachments

• unnamed (10).jpg
    unnamed (10).jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 17

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Holiday pay isn't paid in overtime if it's on a saturday? or if holiday is on a Friday or saturday and you work sun-thurs?
I'm going to tell you this, holidays are not considered working days, now with that being said, ups has been paying my sixth day at time and a half regardless

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm going to tell you this, holidays are not considered working days, now with that being said, ups has been paying my sixth day at time and a half regardless
This is the most you have said all year….congratulations. Was starting to think you were a Russian bot.

Gman33909

He is asking if Sunday and Monday are considered a punch in since both were UPS holidays, thus making Fri OT and Saturday double time......