Why a 401(k) Will Yield You More Money Than a Pension

No one who can't take delivery of physical oil is trading futures. ETFs, longs and options on commodities. Unless you have a place to store your purchase.
All I'm trying to say some of that stuff is way too risky to have in your retirement fund

That's the kind of stuff you do if you have extra money outside of your retirement

Like @Up In Smoke said with the Self Managed Option you can cover just about all the bases that he mentioned.
I signed up for it shortly after it was offered. 90% of my 401k is in it now. 10%is in the plan options. You are unable to use options, invest in SPACs, some MLPs and ETFs/ funds that issue a K1.

Trying not to be a Dave
A K1 can disqualify your whole 401K from being tax exempt

Non liberal

No, that’s what I’m saying, it’s still like 5k shy of where it was at it’s highest under trump.
It’s been growing nicely lately, but all these “gains” people are talking about are not gains. They’re just gains for the year, we are still in the hole from where we were a few years ago. It’s like the inflation we’ve experienced, and how people say well we make good money at ups, (which I used to be one of those people) however our $41hr. Does not have the same purchasing power as it did 4-5 years ago. It’s like making $30hr 4-5 yrs ago, you could buy the same amount of stuff.

Up In Smoke

Definitely not as risky as options and currency
Wind the clock back three and a half years
How would you like to bought oil futures for $60 a barrel then they was -7 a barrel in March during the pandemic
That kind of investments do not belong in their 401k
Mutual funds belong to 401K because if a couple companies tank all of your money is not the one stock.
Mutual funds prospectus force them to keep buying shares in all markets. Low fees equals low attention from the managers.

Over70irregs

No one who can't take delivery of physical oil is trading futures. ETFs, longs and options on commodities. Unless you have a place to store your purchase.
1687574920380.jpeg

Over70irregs

It’s been growing nicely lately, but all these “gains” people are talking about are not gains. They’re just gains for the year, we are still in the hole from where we were a few years ago. It’s like the inflation we’ve experienced, and how people say well we make good money at ups, (which I used to be one of those people) however our $41hr. Does not have the same purchasing power as it did 4-5 years ago. It’s like making $30hr 4-5 yrs ago, you could buy the same amount of stuff.
Sorry about that. That’s why I started a thread to possibly get paid in another store of value. This one is NOT working and we all know it.

Up In Smoke

No, that’s what I’m saying, it’s still like 5k shy of where it was at it’s highest under trump.
Are you in one of the funds?? There are only a couple of sectors that are down from 2021. Commercial REITs are down, but I don't think there are many funds that are heavy on REITs.