Why a 401(k) Will Yield You More Money Than a Pension

Non liberal

All I can to tell you is try not to get too emotional and keep investing.
Don't let this keep you up at night.
I don’t, there’s nothing that can be done about it anyhow. I have time, it’s just the idea. And like I said, it has grown about 12.5% to date, but it’s still not where it was. So all this growth that the left likes to talk about is just playing catch up. We’ve already been here 4 years ago. My guess is that growth will continue a little bit yet, then die off.

Non liberal

Are you in one of the funds?? There are only a couple of sectors that are down from 2021. Commercial REITs are down, but I don't think there are many funds that are heavy on REITs.
I’m up 12.4% for the year, but my portfolio value is still not where it was 4-5 years ago. I just have all my money in the s&p. It has the largest growth available to us for the last few years anyway.

I don’t, there’s nothing that can be done about it anyhow. I have time, it’s just the idea. And like I said, it has grown about 12.5% to date, but it’s still not where it was. So all this growth that the left likes to talk about is just playing catch up. We’ve already been here 4 years ago. My guess is that growth will continue a little bit yet, then die off.
Was you in the market in 2008-2009?

Over70irregs

They wasn't good years

You sound like you're on the younger side and you have the power of time compounding.

I really don't know what else to tell you.
Instead of that is the best thing you can do that's the best investment you have on your money
The problem is the young are being robbed in the exchange for $ for time. In the past brute force was used to obtain value. Energy/time is the tool for obtaining. The compound factor is more of your flesh which is leaving you chopped below the knee like a diabetic.

Up In Smoke

I’m sure you are much further along in the investing process than I am. Oh well, we’ll just vote for another globalist politician next time, right?
Your putting way too much credit/blame on the politics. Buy and sell your positions based on an individual stocks ability to grow market share and control costs of revenue. So many forget what drove the stock market in late 2020 and into 2021. Institutional investors got caught by Reddit and the Meme stock crowd who were flooded with stimulus and unemployment dollars and no where to spend it. Sticking to the man and driving short squeeze purchases caused the market to grow without any fundamentals to support P/E ratios. The sad result was a few got extremely rich and the masses paid for it. Ask anyone who bought Gamestop, BBY or Robinhood.

Non liberal

Your putting way too much credit/blame on the politics. Buy and sell your positions based on an individual stocks ability to grow market share and control costs of revenue. So many forget what drove the stock market in late 2020 and into 2021. Institutional investors got caught by Reddit and the Meme stock crowd who were flooded with stimulus and unemployment dollars and no where to spend it. Sticking to the man and driving short squeeze purchases caused the market to grow without any fundamentals to support P/E ratios. The sad result was a few got extremely rich and the masses paid for it. Ask anyone who bought Gamestop, BBY or Robinhood.
I get it but I don’t care about the few who have done well. I know very little about the stock market and do not understand it at all. All I know is what I learn from Dave Ramsey, lol. We were doing great under trump when he was unleashing fossil fuels. And as soon as Biden became president he shut fuels down and everything went to :censored2:, and has been going to :censored2: ever since. At least our investments are coming back but we do still have all this inflation to contend with, which is just like taking cash right out of our pocket. We have the housing crisis where no young person can afford to buy a house anymore (unless you’re lucky enough to be a high earner). Who you elect as president has about the most amount of impact I could think of when it comes to the economy actually. Especially this president who seems dead set on changing the world system without cause whether for the better or not.

Cowboy Mac

I get it but I don’t care about the few who have done well. I know very little about the stock market and do not understand it at all. All I know is what I learn from Dave Ramsey, lol. We were doing great under trump when he was unleashing fossil fuels. And as soon as Biden became president he shut fuels down and everything went to :censored2:, and has been going to :censored2: ever since. At least our investments are coming back but we do still have all this inflation to contend with, which is just like taking cash right out of our pocket. We have the housing crisis where no young person can afford to buy a house anymore (unless you’re lucky enough to be a high earner). Who you elect as president has about the most amount of impact I could think of when it comes to the economy actually. Especially this president who seems dead set on changing the world system without cause whether for the better or not.
Dave Ramsey is good but remember he says that the person with the most control over your finances is not the President but you. It’s a roller coaster that goes up and down you just have to ride it out. As long as you don’t jump off in the middle of the ride you will be fine.

Keep investing and frame it as stocks are on sale right now, they will come back up again. Focus on what YOU can control.

Dave Ramsey is good but remember he says that the person with the most control over your finances is not the President but you. It’s a roller coaster that goes up and down you just have to ride it out. As long as you don’t jump off in the middle of the ride you will be fine.

Keep investing and frame it as stocks are on sale right now, they will come back up again. Focus on what YOU can control.
He sounds like he's on the younger side, some money in a Roth really benefit him later on in life

The fact that he’s even investing and following a plan is better than most people who are broke and in debt.
Trust me I have to explain this to my kids all the time.

I tell him you have a lot of time for the market to recover I do not.

Nothing was more sickening to watch when the market bottomed out in March of 2009 from the fall of 2007 to the spring of 2009

It wants me still adding money to my 401k the balance was almost half

Non liberal

That’s what I do, I just want people to know the idiocy of the economic policies being put forth by this administration an d the affect they have on all of our pockets.