Why a 401(k) Will Yield You More Money Than a Pension

Cowboy Mac

Trust me I have to explain this to my kids all the time.

I tell him you have a lot of time for the market to recover I do not.

Nothing was more sickening to watch when the market bottomed out in March of 2009 from the fall of 2007 to the spring of 2009

It wants me still adding money to my 401k the balance was almost half
I was talking to a driver who was over 40 years with the company when the stock market dropped in 2020. He was going to retire that year but decided to work another couple years after that to make up for the losses.

I try not to check mine but every few months because I don’t want to be discouraged. Just keep that money going into it each month.

Cowboy Mac

That’s what I do, I just want people to know the idiocy of the economic policies being put forth by this administration an d the affect they have on all of our pockets.
Trust me, I know. But I’m telling you from experience I have been down that road of being angry about it all the time. To the point of thinking about it all day, consuming news and talk radio several hours a day. It’s not healthy.

Now I will read the headlines, maybe listen to talk radio a couple hours a week. I’ll vote and encourage others to do the same.

I was talking to a driver who was over 40 years with the company when the stock market dropped in 2020. He was going to retire that year but decided to work another couple years after that to make up for the losses.

I try not to check mine but every few months because I don’t want to be discouraged. Just keep that money going into it each month.
What a market started diving in 2020 I had a lot more money on hand than I did in 2008.

So I upped my 401k
And front loaded my Roth IRA

Cowboy Mac

With that time horizon you should be fine.
Yeah the stock market has always grown over a ten year period. 15 even better.
What a market started diving in 2020 I had a lot more money on hand than I did in 2008.

So I upped my 401k
And front loaded my Roth IRA
I was doing those for several years currently paused to save for a house purchase. I wasn’t in the market in 08 but I bet it was a learning experience.

Yeah the stock market has always grown over a ten year period. 15 even better.

I was doing those for several years currently paused to save for a house purchase. I wasn’t in the market in 08 but I bet it was a learning experience.
Now I'm towards the end of my career and I'm playing it very conservative.
At least the high interest rates right now are helping my balance go up every day

Over70irregs

I get it but I don’t care about the few who have done well. I know very little about the stock market and do not understand it at all. All I know is what I learn from Dave Ramsey, lol. We were doing great under trump when he was unleashing fossil fuels. And as soon as Biden became president he shut fuels down and everything went to :censored2:, and has been going to :censored2: ever since. At least our investments are coming back but we do still have all this inflation to contend with, which is just like taking cash right out of our pocket. We have the housing crisis where no young person can afford to buy a house anymore (unless you’re lucky enough to be a high earner). Who you elect as president has about the most amount of impact I could think of when it comes to the economy actually. Especially this president who seems dead set on changing the world system without cause whether for the better or not.
Not sure about WH pick. Not seeing it.
1687660699539.png