why cant non ups employees understand it takes time

LaUpser

All the males in my family on mother and father side work in plants I'm the only one not following the trend and doing something different and it's really in killing them cause I'm not clocking big money now

Sent from device_name using BrownCafe App

barnyard

KTM rider
I milked cows for 5 years. My dad's side of the family were not supportive at all, because it was lots of work for very little money. I really loved the work though. Sometimes you just have to flip your family off.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What is a cover driver? Here in NJ, all drivers are the same. Some may not have bid routes and fill
in as needed, but that is the only difference.

barnyard

KTM rider
A cover guy does not have a bid route. Some also call them "extra board drivers."

We get the same pay and all that, just do not have a route. I am currently the 2nd highest seniority cover guy in my center, so for the most part, I get to choose what routes I cover any given week.

Not a horrible gig.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
A cover guy does not have a bid route. Some also call them "extra board drivers."
We get the same pay and all that, just do not have a route. I am currently the 2nd highest seniority cover guy in my center, so for the most part, I get to choose what routes I cover any given week.
Not a horrible gig.

The OP said he was not full time. All of our drivers are FT here except for air drivers.

barnyard

KTM rider
Temp cover drivers can come from the PT ranks. Work peak and summer, than back to PT for the rest of the year.

We have 2 of those at my center.

LaUpser

I plan on being sat air once peak over at least so I can get familiar with areas and earn extra cash throughout the year

Sent from device_name using BrownCafe App

FilingBluesFL

The bright side of being a cover driver, is that the time goes towards your progression when you become full time. So you won't wait the 3 years (now going to be FOUR, 4 years on the new contract).

Not sure how much that's going to change with the new contract, but I had NO problem becoming a cover driver while waiting to go full time.

Now I'm a swing (read: unassigned driver, no route) full timer, and love it. I get to see the world! lol

Cementups

Box Monkey
I made just as much as a cover driver the first 5 years I was driving as I did any year after but I'm sure your person with the problem won't understand that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center has both casual and cover drivers. Cover drivers at FT drivers who do not have their own bid route. Casuals are drivers who cover for vacations, call-ins, days off and run extra routes. Cover drivers are guaranteed 8 hours every day. Casuals are only guaranteed 8 hours when they work.