Why can't we all just get along?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
No szitzz Leroy!

UPS does not really emphasize or even care about leadership much anymore.

The management pay benefits and other compensation have been reduced so much over the last decade that you are not going to get top quality people anymore.

How about you, you could do the right thing and take the next management position when it comes open.

It used to be, upper management really looked out for lower tiers of management. Those days are long gone. The IPO cemented that into the ground. Now this company is no different from any other company on a stock ticker. It's all about squeezing more blood from an old turnip. Growth, growth, growth...that's the only game in town now, and it's polluting everything. The growth factor makes executives instantly stupid, because they sacrifice long term stability for quarterly performance. How many times do we need to see this car fly off the cliff?

Anyway, UPS is no better than any other corp., and Wall Street is pressuring management to grind off all of the benefits hourlies still get. That is why I tell all of the young bucks to act like their pension will not be there and to bury as much booty in the dirt as they can possibly afford. If Wall Street could pull it off, every UPS truck and tractor would be driven by someone who can't speak English and is halfway down the road when their start time clicks.

It used to be, both hourlie and management alike could come here, without a degree, and work the rest of their career and retire comfortably. I don't know too much about Hoax here, but I think I've seen that he is retired, and that would put him on the end of the managers who jumped off the Orient Express before it burst into flames. Good for him. I still know a handful of full-time sups that still are working, but are riding out their time. These are people I've butted heads with many times over the years. I've won grievances against them, they've suspended me a few times too. Back in the day, we used to go drink beers together, because after we all got out of work, there was a common respect. That is gone now. I don't see those old sups because I've moved from the building I started in, and most of those guys are gone now.

So I guess, if I knew Hoax and he knew me, and I saw him broke down on the side of the road, I would stop and ask why a prick like him was selling himself on the side of the road. Then, I would give him a ride home, and ask him how the wife and kids were on the way home. He would do the same. Today, I can't think of a sup that I would bail out.

To the OP, that's just how it is in this company today. Choose wisely.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We all can't get along, because the company would not be as profitable for the shareholders. It's as simple as that.

It's as simple as that, and everything that is wrong with us. Ask this man how UPS made money all those years ago, and you get a blank stare.

You have to understand that you are working for a company that was build by a man that invited the union in because he knew the company would turn into a machine and sheet on their employee's. I would say that Jim Casey is rolling round in his grave but he knew this was going to happen any way. My advice is do what ever all the lower management is doing and when you find something be

I can do it in one post !!

17 years in the company
3 years part time preload - 2 1/2 years part time preload sup - 12 years Full time driver

The first 14 years of my career I was considered the best by my superiors. I worked hard and worked fast. Got the job done and got it done right. Never seen the inside of my center manager's office !!!

Then telematics showed up and all of a sudden I was least best. Warning letters filling up folders. I've been in his office more times for the stupidest bull*****. He ended up giving me a warning letter for missing work because I got supeona'd for a court case by the State of Connecticut because I was a witness on a police report. ( BTW was illegal to be reprimanded for)

All this negativity in me about UPS has only been developed in the last 3 years. Now I just work to keep the target off my back, not to be the best driver possible ! This is our new UPS and I'll have to just deal with it til I retire !!!!!!
I'm with you brother I have 8 years. All Ft driver, I looked like a Christmas tree when I would come into work with shorts and short sleeves with all my tattoos. I had them before I started. I worked my tail off running like a idiot and not knowing any better, always working 7 hours with 10 hours worth of work. Then they made me cover up the tattoos all was going to change. I started opening the union book and talking and getting along with union guys. Doing things by the book. All I have to say is UPS made me.

BCFan

_______ Scott Davis and the dead horse he whipped to death as he rode into town! Wow I can't believe I said that on Easter Sunday. Not the Christian attitude ......BC

stink219

Why do we waste so much time hating the other side? If I have learned anything from this company, we are just all just fish in a bowl swimming around. I refuse to let this company get under my skin.:happy-very:
You need to ask the Division Managers and up. Respect is earned. Once they become real people again, I will treat them with dignity and respect.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yes but it shouldn't be. All large publicly owned corporations are composed of people. People who have the free will to do what is right, what is wrong or anywhere in between.

​You can't let people off the hook that easily.
The corporation IS the person, the employees are the parasites latched on for as long as the man allows.

A

anonymous6

I've been with UPS for 7 years, 6 in the union, and 1 in management. For the 6 years I worked the preload, I did almost every job in the building. When I was switching over many people told me I was stupid, and that I should stay in the union. I have 1 year left of my bachelors degree, and my concentration is global supply chain/operations management. I chose to go into management to gain experience in my field. I did what was best for me.

Seeing both sides of the coin here... why do we waste so much time hating the other side? If I have learned anything from this company, we are just all just fish in a bowl swimming around. I refuse to let this company get under my skin.:happy-very:

it's because most managers don't know how to treat hourlies with RESPECT! all you people have to do is obey the "Golden Rule" Treat people the way you want to be treated in return.

it's very simple but rarely implemented.

Gazelle

Race me!
it's because most managers don't know how to treat hourlies with RESPECT! all you people have to do is obey the "Golden Rule" Treat people the way you want to be treated in return.

it's very simple but rarely implemented.

I treat everyone with respect, even when people disrespect me. I just feel like everyone takes things too personal there from time to time.