Why collective bargaining?

Why are the Republicans even trying to push through RIGHT TO WORK in the first place?

Keep wages low? Take away workers rights? Take away votes that will help Republicans lose elections?

Let the workers decide if they want a union. NOT CORPORATE CEOS AND BILLIONAIRE RIGHT WING NUTS.

The Republicans want working Americans to make a low wage. Thats the goal of right to work.
Sounds like they have the same goals,as Democrats!

Keep the people poor, and accept goverment handouts!....hmm

Brown Spider

I have yet to see any examples of how any legislation or union busting attorneys has unilaterally busted a union. Why? Because it hasn't happened because in the end the only people that TRULY have that power are the employees. Blaming politicians and attorneys for a union's demise when the decision, in fact, rests in the hands of the employees is ludicrous at best.

Sent using BrownCafe App

You might want to take off those employer tinted glasses and take a look at the real world. Since May 2nd, over 500 Teamster members in Aiken, South Carolina have been locked out of the AGY plant after having their access badges deactivated. That was NOT a decision that those employees made. AGY, a global producer of glass fiber yarns, is advertising for replacement workers following a setback at the bargaining table. The bargaining issues include AGY issues with seniority, including eliminating plant seniority, laying off employees without regard for seniority and having job assignments not based on seniority. AGY has encouraged the Union to agree to what AGY calls "a modern 21st-century collective bargaining agreement.

Perhaps Overpaid Union Thug can take a brief trip from Utopia to Aiken and explain to those locked out employees that the decision actually rests in their hands. Good luck with that, OUT!

brown_trousers

Why are the Republicans even trying to push through RIGHT TO WORK in the first place?

Keep wages low? Take away workers rights? Take away votes that will help Republicans lose elections?

Let the workers decide if they want a union. NOT CORPORATE CEOS AND BILLIONAIRE RIGHT WING NUTS.

The Republicans want working Americans to make a low wage. Thats the goal of right to work.

It is the workers choice! you must be wearing some liberal blinders to not see it. None of that has been taken away. show me any one business that has lost their right to organize a union from RTW laws..... any business, i challenge you.

If the employees at a business want to organize into a union, RTW cannot stop them!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
"a modern 21st-century collective bargaining agreement.
Also known as the Hoffa hall rules. Take whatever you're offered and if you vote that down we will force it down your throats anyway.

The problem with most unions now is the union sees its self as a money making corporation and no longer has the employees best intrests in mind.

Ron Carey lives on

As I stated earlier, you want out of the union ,Fed Ex is hiring? Oh thats right, you still want the union wage, but you want the option of paying dues??? Wtf??

Sent using BrownCafe App

Overpaid Union Thug

You might want to take off those employer tinted glasses and take a look at the real world. Since May 2nd, over 500 Teamster members in Aiken, South Carolina have been locked out of the AGY plant after having their access badges deactivated. That was NOT a decision that those employees made. AGY, a global producer of glass fiber yarns, is advertising for replacement workers following a setback at the bargaining table. The bargaining issues include AGY issues with seniority, including eliminating plant seniority, laying off employees without regard for seniority and having job assignments not based on seniority. AGY has encouraged the Union to agree to what AGY calls "a modern 21st-century collective bargaining agreement.

Perhaps Overpaid Union Thug can take a brief trip from Utopia to Aiken and explain to those locked out employees that the decision actually rests in their hands. Good luck with that, OUT!

A lockout is the employer's AND also the employee's right. Your example has nothing to do with the claim that our rights to collective bargaining are going away as a result of legislation. You've only cited examples of the what can (and does happen) after negotiations break down and failed to provide any evidence that employees have lost their rights to collective bargaining.
It is the workers choice! you must be wearing some liberal blinders to not see it. None of that has been taken away. show me any one business that has lost their right to organize a union from RTW laws..... any business, i challenge you.

If the employees at a business want to organize into a union, RTW cannot stop them!

Sent using BrownCafe App

I've made the challenge already. Still no valid or relevant answers. And there won't be.

Brown Spider

WTF? A lockout is an "employee's right"? Employees of AYG in Aiken, SC may not agree that this union busting tactic is a "right" that they enjoy!

Do yourself a favor, OUT. Pick up a copy of Marty Leavett's "Confessions Of A Union Buster" and see how many other "rights" you can find that are provided to employees.

ps: I'm starting to think that you and Marty would have liked each other.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

WTF? A lockout is an "employee's right"? Employees of AYG in Aiken, SC may not agree that this union busting tactic is a "right" that they enjoy!

Do yourself a favor, OUT. Pick up a copy of Marty Leavett's "Confessions Of A Union Buster" and see how many other "rights" you can find that are provided to employees.

ps: I'm starting to think that you and Marty would have liked each other.

Sent using BrownCafe App
What does that lock out have to do with right to work? I'm old enough to remember when lockouts and labor disputes were common place, long before RTW was ever a strategic get-out-the-vote issue.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brown Spider

What does that lock out have to do with right to work? I'm old enough to remember when lockouts and labor disputes were common place, long before RTW was ever a strategic get-out-the-vote issue.

Sent using BrownCafe App

It has NOTHING to do with RTW! It has EVERYTHING to do with collective bargaining...which happens to be the title of this thread. It also has to do with union busting, an ugly tactic that Overpaid Union Thug described as "amusing". I don't find it amusing. I don't find RTW amusing either...but RTW is just the nasty little sister of union busting.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

An agenda that attacks collective bargaining is a complete contradiction to so- called moral standards that politicians hide behind. Complain about foodstamps and welfare, then make it a top priority to undercut people that do work for a living????? Why is this so hard to understand

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

It has NOTHING to do with RTW! It has EVERYTHING to do with collective bargaining...which happens to be the title of this thread. It also has to do with union busting, an ugly tactic that Overpaid Union Thug described as "amusing". I don't find it amusing. I don't find RTW amusing either...but RTW is just the nasty little sister of union busting.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Well I'm glad to hear the lockout in South Carolina has nothing to do with their right to work law. Thanks.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

An agenda that attacks collective bargaining is a complete contradiction to so- called moral standards that politicians hide behind. Complain about foodstamps and welfare, then make it a top priority to undercut people that do work for a living????? Why is this so hard to understand

Sent using BrownCafe App
When you say "undercut people that do work for a living", are you referring to the millions of working class Americans that are paying more & more for gas, electricity, grocery's & healthcare? I've seen a lot of undercutting going on the last several years. Sadly most union folks have cheered it on, only to later learn they were the Cadillac plan Fat-cats all along.

Sent using BrownCafe App

purplesky

When you say "undercut people that do work for a living", are you referring to the millions of working class Americans that are paying more & more for gas, electricity, grocery's & healthcare? I've seen a lot of undercutting going on the last several years. Sadly most union folks have cheered it on, only to later learn they were the Cadillac plan Fat-cats all along.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Dude stay on topic. Stay off the Republican talking points. THIS IS ABOUT FREE BARGAINING FOR WORKERS THAT CHOOSE TO FORM A UNION.

Without interference from Republican politicians and their lobbyists.

purplesky

Heres the problem(dilemma) with RIGHT TO WORK. READ CAREFULLY.:wink2:

A union only has 2 places to actually spend our dues politically to stay alive. Either with the Democrats or the Republicans(Tea Party).

Since the Republicans are now trying to destroy labor and thats both public and private unions, The Unions can only really lobby with the Democrats. Democrats are pro labor and hold a philosophy for free bargaining in all the states of America.

So as a union member you have to make a choice. Support your union as they lobby(to stay alive) for you and when they negotiate with your employer to get your collective workforce the best deal possible. Or not pay dues and watch your union and paycheck go bye bye.

So if your a Republican? Fine. But what do you expect your union to do? They can't give your union dues to the political machine that is trying to destroy them? Right?

I want the Teamsters to represent us the best they can.

I wish the Republicans were also pro labor like the Democrats so the Teamsters could spend our union dues on better things than fighting the Republicans just to stay alive.

Its about food on your table and a roof over your head.

Atomic_Smurf

Dude stay on topic. Stay off the Republican talking points. THIS IS ABOUT FREE BARGAINING FOR WORKERS THAT CHOOSE TO FORM A UNION.

Without interference from Republican politicians and their lobbyists.
And I'm trying to explain to you that unions arent under attack. All Working class people are.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Heres the problem(dilemma) with RIGHT TO WORK. READ CAREFULLY.:wink2:

A union only has 2 places to actually spend our dues politically to stay alive. Either with the Democrats or the Republicans(Tea Party).

Since the Republicans are now trying to destroy labor and thats both public and private unions, The Unions can only really lobby with the Democrats. Democrats are pro labor and hold a philosophy for free bargaining in all the states of America.

So as a union member you have to make a choice. Support your union as they lobby(to stay alive) for you and when they negotiate with your employer to get your collective workforce the best deal possible. Or not pay dues and watch your union and paycheck go bye bye.

So if your a Republican? Fine. But what do you expect your union to do? They can't give your union dues to the political machine that is trying to destroy them? Right?

I want the Teamsters to represent us the best they can.

I wish the Republicans were also pro labor like the Democrats so the Teamsters could spend our union dues on better things than fighting the Republicans just to stay alive.

Its about food on your table and a roof over your head.

What in your view makes someone "pro-labor"? What they say or what they DO? Democrats tell you they are pro labor all day long then turn around and screw you every chance they get only to have you come back and beg for more. Republicans are standing up for taxpayers & school kids when they take on public sector unions and teachers unions. Heart of the problem is when you say pro-labor you mean pro-union labor. You want to favor the politicians that favor union labor over other fellow Americans in the workforce. Divide & conquer.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Hey smurf, lets do away with child labor laws, how about FMLA, what about the 40 hour week, oh yea that pesky military seniority retained employees, the weekend, the paid vacation, right to organize, right to strike, right to protest unfair labor practices. RTW is the first step, wake up

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Hey smurf, lets do away with child labor laws, how about FMLA, what about the 40 hour week, oh yea that pesky military seniority retained employees, the weekend, the paid vacation, right to organize, right to strike, right to protest unfair labor practices. RTW is the first step, wake up

Sent using BrownCafe App
Wow what illogical extreme. Your diar prediction for the future of a right to work country seems a little insincere when we see you turning a blind eye to the harsh reality of what's happening to the working class today, under your preferred leadership.

Sent using BrownCafe App