Why is FZ, REALLY so angry ?

Seriously 64 cents for 6 years for Kroger employees ..this almost seems like a joke...why would the membership even vote a pathetic contract like that even in???
That would be a question for Fred and his members. Ken gets us 4Bucks for us and Flip Flop Freddy can't even he 65cent. His Kroger members gotta think he's a jackass

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What's going on with the latest carhaul offer?
I know the first one was voted down overwhelmingly.
Have the ballots been counted yet?

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
The following link to a different story of a few months ago. interesting that they will give you the details.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Seriously 64 cents for 6 years for Kroger employees ..this almost seems like a joke...why would the membership even vote a pathetic contract like that even in???
That would be a question for Fred and his members. Ken gets us 4Bucks for us and Flip Flop Freddy can't even he 65cent. His Kroger members gotta think he's a jackass
64 cents from a billion dollar company like Kroger is pathetic..they are worth more than ups.....
I have a few questions.

First, was this contract ratified by Kroger employees, or was it imposed like ours was?

Secondly, what were some of the other issues and terms of contract?
Were hourly wage increase sacrificed for gains in other sectors of the contract? (H&W or pension, etc.)

I have no idea, one way or the other, and neither does @Lead Belly.
He's simply regurgitating what he was told, as usual.

Many of us have learned over the last few UPS contracts that the devil is often in the details, and hourly rate increases aren't the end all of a contract.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
64 cents from a billion dollar company like Kroger is pathetic..they are worth more than ups.....

How about;

* Rampant subcontracting and use of casual/part timers in Local 89.

* Long-term contracts (as high as 7 years) with starting wages set at the minimum wage.

* Contracts with a six-year wage progression.

* Contracts that allow merit pay in lieu of raises - giving management power

to decide who gets raises and who gets nothing. He also forfeited the right

to grieve or arbitrate managements decision on who gets merit pay.

* More 401(K)s and Company Pension Plans than Teamster Pension Plans.

* Failure to file proper paperwork to open a contract leading to a wildcat strike.

* Failure to organize - only organized 108 new members in the past 5 years.

Sounds exactly like what he accuses H&H of. :biggrin:

I'm sure FZ has his accomplishments. After all, he is President of a large Local.

But.... that hardly qualifies him to run the IBT, with an executive board comprised

of people with little or no experience at all.

-Bug-

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have a few questions.

First, was this contract ratified by Kroger employees, or was it imposed like ours was?

Secondly, what were some of the other issues and terms of contract?
Were hourly wage increase sacrificed for gains in other sectors of the contract? (H&W or pension, etc.)

I have no idea, one way or the other, and neither does @Lead Belly.
He's simply regurgitating what he was told, as usual.

Many of us have learned over the last few UPS contracts that the devil is often in the details, and hourly rate increases aren't the end all of a contract.
True but 11 cents an hour is very weak however way anyone wants to flip it...

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
He accomplished to let UPS keep my raise for 9 months and make interest on my money.

I guess he can put that on his resume.
Under H Jr., pension fund after pension fund is failing.

H Jr. has done nothing to even try and help.

That beats the hell out of you getting all of your money, interest free, after 9 whole months.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Like you, lowest vote getter in your last delegate election running again?

Were the majority of your local wrong?
Ask them today. How's retirement btw.
I'm surprised you would harp on a guy who lost one time. But it makes sense coming from life time loser.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How about;

* Long-term contracts (as high as 7 years) with starting wages set at the minimum wage.

* Failure to file proper paperwork to open a contract leading to a wildcat strike.

I'm sure FZ has his accomplishments. After all, he is President of a large Local.

But.... that hardly qualifies him to run the IBT, with an executive board comprised

-Bug-
I have a few questions.

First, is this Kroger's warehouse employees, truck drivers, or store employees?
In my Local they are actually called Zenith Logistics, and while there is still a significant number of warehouse employees, the truck drivers are all but extinct.
There have been no new drivers in at least a decade, as "temps" move the rest.
As I understand it, all Teamster drivers will be eliminated through attrition.
The warehouse employees here are vastly disgruntled and underpaid.
Is it possible that Kroger's has been successful in dissecting our bargaining power by contracting work out to entities like "Zenith Logistics"?

Secondly, if the above scenario is not the case in other Local's beside 89 and mine, why hasn't the IBT taken "the bull by the horns" and signed Kroger's to a National Contract?

I'm willing to bet that the "Kroger's" issues detailed by -Bug-, aren't exclusive to Local 89.

Any takers?

~Bbbl~

Last edited:

5habits100

How about;

-Bug-
Let us not forget The turncoat TDU Tony in Columbus with his substandard movie contracts. People making $10 less per hour than area standards, lower benefit payments, no overtime after 8 hours and more. But these guys will defend Tony and Suck and be good with that. Tony's captain was a former officer of the local. Coin flip B.

5habits100

I heard he wants to put the ups part times in the central states fund like the western conference of teamsters pension fund.
All the ups people should be thanking Ken for that. Even Suck didn't oppose that in negotiations when he was there. He agreed with it back then and told his members to vote for it.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Let us not forget The turncoat TDU Tony in Columbus with his substandard movie contracts. People making $10 less per hour than area standards, lower benefit payments, no overtime after 8 hours and more. But these guys will defend Tony and Suck and be good with that. Tony's captain was a former officer of the local. Coin flip B.
Must be a TDU thing. Principle Office and TDU VP candidate MT of 251 agreed to substandard wages on movies also. Way to go TDU. Just another reason you suck.