Why is it so miserable

bluehdmc

If you think about it though, as drivers, we face very little authority in our job. We're are independent all day the vast majority of the time. How often does a sup give you crap? Not often if you just do your job properly. A sup approaches me maybe once every 2-3 weeks. A majority of people have to work all day with a boss always around.

But you're always aware that with the GPS and other technology that they can be looking over your shoulder at anytime.

thatsmypackage

Last year I was a delivery driver and I gotta tell ya' ... You're out there by yourself, doing your thing, the way you want to do it. You can't beat that. I had a helper for a little while too and basically he did what I asked him to do. The hard part is getting in as a permanent employee IMO, at least in my area... I'm learning that all hubs are different. If you can deal with management's ineptitude and the basic BS... then it's a sweet gig. If you have a hard time learning routes and have a bad sense of direction, rethink your options. :) The hours aren't that long and it's only 5 day a week. Top pay in soon to be 4 years... awesome! Why is it so miserable? because misery loves company. Just tune it out.

JL 0513

But you're always aware that with the GPS and other technology that they can be looking over your shoulder at anytime.

Yes, but it still beats having an a-hole boss breathing down your neck all day, everyday. People who have had jobs like that can attest.

Since I've started, GPS has never been used to question me or my work. So even though they have the ability to track you, it seems as though they generally aren't gonna bother you.

Indecisi0n

What's makes the job bad is mostly all the wrong that happens could easily be avoided. It's not avoided because managers no longer manage they just take orders from idiots above them which got their orders from idiots above them who are only relaying the information from idiots above them.

Yes, but it still beats having an a-hole boss breathing down your neck all day, everyday. People who have had jobs like that can attest.

Since I've started, GPS has never been used to question me or my work. So even though they have the ability to track you, it seems as though they generally aren't gonna bother you.
You must be the very rare exception or your not a driver??Just wait till you screw up or have an accident....Then we shall see how much (technology) is your friend!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

I'd rather have my a-hole boss breathing down my neck than deal with telematics....my boss goes to the can or takes naps in the office lol.....telematics doesn't miss a thing!