Why So Many New Ground Trailers?

FedEx All the Way!

I'd kill myself. I've just decided to ignore her from now on, so her future postings will go unanswered, at least by me.

What's wrong! Can't handle defeat? Does a grouch need a hug today?
Other than the negativity on your part regarding FedEx I really have no problems with you. It's just sad how you hate working for a company and don't do anything about it.
Unlike you, I wish you and your family the best. Hopefully you get out of FedEx real soon.
Good-Luck

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What's wrong! Can't handle defeat? Does a grouch need a hug today?
Other than the negativity on your part regarding FedEx I really have no problems with you. It's just sad how you hate working for a company and don't do anything about it.
Unlike you, I wish you and your family the best. Hopefully you get out of FedEx real soon.
Good-Luck

Stay strong MrFedEx...we are all tired of the back and forth!

Don't succumb, don't give in, DON'T REPLY!!! Please!

purple&orange

HERE'S SOMETHING POSITIVE MRFEDEX SHOULD READ!

FedEx Rep Steps Up, Makes Buying Car 1000% Easier

Jeff has a big sweaty hug to give FedEx after their customer service rep Leslie personally intervened and saved his car-buying transaction from getting 1000% harder. Read his happy tale, and another addition to the "ABOVE AND BEYOND" files, inside...
Jeff writes:
Today I am writing to pay a serious compliment to one of your outstanding employees. I do not know her last name, but Leslie (the manager?) from your Emeryville, CA transfer center went above and beyond the call of duty today, and this outstanding effort on her part should be recognized. Today I am purchasing a vehicle from a private seller. Due to some complications with the bank holding the title, it was not shipped from Georgia until yesterday evening, and arrived in California early this morning, with an expected delivery date of Monday. This was not good, as the seller was leaving the country (for good) later this afternoon, so we had to have the title by this morning. After the seller placed a few calls to fedex, they informed him that he would be unable to pick up the shipment because it was stuck in the Oakland airport. We were both disappointed, and tried to come up with a workaround. However, a few hours later, I checked the tracking information and saw that the package was now sitting in the Emeryville shipping center. Again, the seller tried to call but whoever he spoke to refused to transfer him to the Emeryville office!
At this point I called and spoke to a very polite and helpful customer service rep on the phone (whose name I cannot remember), who assured me that she would get a message to Emeryville and see what they could do. An hour later, Leslie called me to confirm the tracking number and asked me a few questions for verification, and promised to personally find the shipment and have it ready by noon. I was thrilled. When the seller walked in around 9:30, Leslie had already found the package.
Because of the singular effort on the part of Leslie, I will be able to purchase my new car today, something that would have gotten way more complicated once the seller left the country, even it even could have been completed at all. I have already told several people this story, and will continue to mention it in the future. This sort of exemplary action on the part of FedEx employees reinforces the brand image your company attempts to portray on Television and other advertising campaigns: If it absolutely has to be there, you can absolutely depend on us. Today Leslie has reminded me that FedEx is one company who actually takes their credo seriously.
Leslie, thank you so much,
Jeff G.:happy-very:
this is what Fdx was all about people service, but now is 120 seconds to take care of cust at 800# including solution and 3min per stop, if you go and try to help the customer beyond that time your job is on the line

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
this is what Fdx was all about people service, but now is 120 seconds to take care of cust at 800# including solution and 3min per stop, if you go and try to help the customer beyond that time your job is on the line

You nailed it. Federal Express was a different and unique company that actually cared about providing an exceptional customer experience. FedEx is just the opposite, emphasizing absolute efficiency over service. That's what made us different than UPS and everybody else, and they've killed it a hundred times over.

FedEx All the Way!

You nailed it. Federal Express was a different and unique company that actually cared about providing an exceptional customer experience. FedEx is just the opposite, emphasizing absolute efficiency over service. That's what made us different than UPS and everybody else, and they've killed it a hundred times over.

I don't see anything happening to the driver that comes to my office. He chats with me well over 3 min. I would say close to 15 minutes and he has no problem with that! Our 15 minutes of conversation is all about FedEx. He walks with his head up high and always with a smile - he's well known around my area. I think it is great customer service.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Let's say I have a PO ISR (Indirect Signature Required) pkg going to a residential. If the recipient is not home, I'm supposed to go try a couple of neighbors and try to get rid of it. The reality is that I'm going to just DEX 08 it and leave, because I don't have time to go to a couple of other houses and get a signature...I'll have P1 lates if I do and my numbers will suck.If a neighbor is outside raking leaves or something then I'll ask for a signature, otherwise I'm gone.

If the recipient doesn't sign the door tag, which they usually don't because they don't even bother to read it, the same scenario will play-out the next day. Eventually, they'll come in and get it if they need it bad enough, or maybe figure out after 2 days that they actually need to sign the DT. Either way, the customer loses, because the rules of the game per FedEx policy prevent me from doing the right thing in the first place, which would be to try a couple of neighbors the very first day, and get the package to the customer on the designated day for delivery. If I actually do the right thing, I get dinged by lowering my numbers, and I'm not going to do that, nor is any other courier with any sense of self-preservation.

This is just one of many examples of how pushing for maximum productivity results in a lousy customer experience.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I don't see anything happening to the driver that comes to my office. He chats with me well over 3 min. I would say close to 15 minutes and he has no problem with that! Our 15 minutes of conversation is all about FedEx. He walks with his head up high and always with a smile - he's well known around my area. I think it is great customer service.

This is why the UPS driver makes so much more coin. Stand around and chat for 15 minutes? I get antsy if the customer signs with the first name instead of just the initial.

FedEx All the Way!

Let's say I have a PO ISR (Indirect Signature Required) pkg going to a residential. If the recipient is not home, I'm supposed to go try a couple of neighbors and try to get rid of it. The reality is that I'm going to just DEX 08 it and leave, because I don't have time to go to a couple of other houses and get a signature...I'll have P1 lates if I do and my numbers will suck.If a neighbor is outside raking leaves or something then I'll ask for a signature, otherwise I'm gone.

If the recipient doesn't sign the door tag, which they usually don't because they don't even bother to read it, the same scenario will play-out the next day. Eventually, they'll come in and get it if they need it bad enough, or maybe figure out after 2 days that they actually need to sign the DT. Either way, the customer loses, because the rules of the game per FedEx policy prevent me from doing the right thing in the first place, which would be to try a couple of neighbors the very first day, and get the package to the customer on the designated day for delivery. If I actually do the right thing, I get dinged by lowering my numbers, and I'm not going to do that, nor is any other courier with any sense of self-preservation.

This is just one of many examples of how pushing for maximum productivity results in a lousy customer experience.

Maybe you should try the neighbors and while you're there ask them if they know of anyone who is hiring!

barnyard

KTM rider
Getting back to the OT, I saw a bunch of pups on a train the other day for Fedex ground. I thought all the Fedex trailers were team driven....

TB

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Getting back to the OT, I saw a bunch of pups on a train the other day for Fedex ground. I thought all the Fedex trailers were team driven....

TB

FedEx Ground is mainly trucked by teams, but they do also go intermodal, presumably on the longer-hauls where rail is much cheaper.

jinxymaximus

wait till fred cuts your retirement like the post office then ask the question, do I really need a union? Although the post office has a union but it's not the TEAMSTERS!

FedEx All the Way!

wait till fred cuts your retirement like the post office then ask the question, do I really need a union? Although the post office has a union but it's not the TEAMSTERS!

Yeah, you said it (not). Give me a break :please:
I can just see the TEAMSTERS all on their way to help the 40,000 postal workers who will be out of a job. Your monthly contributions to the union will be helping all those poor folks - good one! Do you have any more bright thoughts.
While Fred has been building one of the worlds best places to work the union has been tearing down and bankrupting companies. What has the union done for CF, IML, NW, PIE? Oh, that's right, their not around. Why is UPS pushing the union to run at FedEx. Is it called trying to level the playing field. I don't believe I've seen a union carrier listed on America's best places to work. If union is what you are looking for, sign up for UPS or if you are a trucker, maybe a YRC company will work well for you. How about Oak Harbor. The union has sure partnered with Oak Harbor to bring success to the company and its employees (on strike for 2 months). Even if they were to go back to work the drivers will not recover what they have lost. Time to look at what you can do to help your companies survive and prosper and quit standing with your hand out waiting for someone to hand a future to you. My husband is proud to be a member of Fred's team. Go FedEx!:peaceful: