Will the next DIAD be the size of a smart phone?

Grey

qhO677r.jpg

Based on history pattern... Are we thinking 2020?

DOK

qhO677r.jpg

Based on history pattern... Are we thinking 2020?
Much smaller would be difficult to read the screen I would think, buttons shouldn't get much smaller than they are now either imo, wearing gloves would be tough if they were much smaller.

Ms.PacMan

Much smaller would be difficult to read the screen I would think, buttons shouldn't get much smaller than they are now either imo, wearing gloves would be tough if they were much smaller.
Buttons is really the answer to the question. We really need the tactile feel to a button vs. a flat screen.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We have been testing these in our center for awhile now, a little harder to work with than previous versions, almost going backwards, but then again, did you expect anything different?
image.jpeg

JL 0513

You're not going to see smart phone like DIAD's. That would be completely impractical for all the requirements it has. It will likely remain about the same height and width but slim down slightly and get lighter. It's a real estate issue. For the job, you need tactile physical buttons and a screen big enough for customers to sign. The durability requirement will keep it a lot more bulky over most modern electronics as well. The battery needs to be capable of a good 12 hour day at least too.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Have you guys seen the Amazon same day delivery folks yet? Looks like they use smart phones to confirm a delivery. I'm guessing the phones are provided by Amazon and not actually the employees personal phone.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Trouble with smaller is that keys get smaller and harder to see. Small means easier to lose as well, like when it falls on you into the load for example.