Williston ND hub

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Austin.Was.My.Hero, May 5, 2015.

1. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

What is it like up there now with the oil fields? Population is increasing every day. It looks to be a very small hub. Wondered what it's like in the winter driving PC's up there too.

2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

You can't transfer.

3. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

lol! Noooooooooooo interest. Just came across some videos while tubin' on the oil growth up there and Googled the UPS hub. Looks to be pretty old and small...

4. rod

rod retired and happy

The Balkan Oil Boom is for the moment a big bust-----unless the price of oil goes back up. Workers are getting laid off by the hundreds there.

5. Center delivery and pickup volume is down big time. Have a feeling there are a number drivers sitting on the couch during the day.

6. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Huge turnover there. Drivers, PT people, even supes train, then leave. Sounds like a nightmare.

7. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

And how is this any different from most hubs and centers other then the drivers stay the same.

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We have very little turnover here.

9. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Everyone want to work in the BOG.

10. Bottom rung

Bottom rung Active Member

Fast food employees make over 40k a year there. Who's gonna load a trailer for eight dollars?

11. Then you are very lucky. Our region's turnover hovers around 85% a quarter.

12. PT Car Washer

Is that the PT turnover rate? I knew turnover was high, but I had never seen any numbers.

13. Yes it is, sorry I should have specified. Don't know what the FT turnover rate is.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Ours is closer to 5%, if that.

15. [​IMG]

16. tacken

tacken Active Member

I want to work with Upstate it seems all peach's & cream..

17. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

There is nowhere to live. People living in cars. Cardboard boxes being rented for 2K a month and there is a line around the block for it.

18. Bottom rung

Bottom rung Active Member

The oil may be slowing as the price of crude drops. If you're a construction worker, it's full speed ahead and will be for quite some time.

19. While housing is still hard to find, it isn't near as bad as it was this time last year.

20. PT Car Washer

Earlier you said your region has an 85% PT turnover rate per quarter. Do you mean your local area or your UPS Regional Area?