winters here...what r u wearing

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Kdiddy, Jan 4, 2016.

1. NonDeliverOtherMissed

NonDeliverOtherMissed Active Member

first cold day of the year..in the teens where I'm at. Had 6 layers on up top(shirts) n 2 layers of pants..as I said in a previous post I HATE wearing a ton of clothes feel clostraphobic(sp)....j/w what everyone else wears to keep warm but not feel like the young kid from a Xmas story.

2. Keeping my feet warm seems to be the key for me.

3. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

I usually wear under armor pants, work pants, a long sleeve shirt, long sleeve work shirt, my winter jacket, 2 pairs of socks, and my arctic sport muck boots

But I usually never use gloves, no matter how cold it is

4. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

A base layer and pants. On top, a base layer, shirt, sweatshirt, jacket and vest. I also wear a neck gaiter and stocking cap.

Next week, it will get below zero, so I might add a pair of knit longjohns on top of the base layer.

5. barnyard

For gloves, I wear a pair of knit liners inside of Mechanix gloves. I have 3 pair of each so I can have 2 pair on the defrosters and switch off if my hands get sweaty or cold.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. QualityLoads

QualityLoads Active Member

Shorts, coldest day of the season 65 degrees

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  7. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

I'm in my underwear and a Boba Fett shirt right now.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. barnyard

When it is cold and windy, I have one of those neck gaiter jobbies that is also like the hoodie part of a sweatshirt. It has to be really cold to wear that, as it is really warm, almost too warm if it is in the teens or warmer.

Layers are the key.

9. NonDeliverOtherMissed

Do ur centers let u wear under armor?..our doesn't, I still do just zip jacket all the way up to cover the logo until I leave the building

Also hoodies, I wear one also but have to tuck the hood in until I leave the building

10. barnyard

How can they say you cannot?????

My bosses have no idea what I have under my costume and I am not doing a strip show so they can find out.

I wear a UPS hoodie that was in the UPS catalog. I have heard that hoodies are a grey area and could go away as a 'flavor of the week.' I try to keep mine clean to stay off the radar.

11. NonDeliverOtherMissed

They don't want the under armor logo showing....our one sup. Doesn't care he says as long as it keeps u warm wear it...the other two u gotta avoid in the morning

12. barnyard

Wear a brown or black neck gaiter to cover it. I would be powerfully tempted to file a harassment grievance for supes complaining about dressing for the cold.

13. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

When it got seriously cold
    I was in Carhartts every time don't like it send me home

14. 35years

35years Active Member

When it gets below 0...
    -Boots rated to -100 and 2 pair of socks (feet have never been cold).
    -Thinsulate lined cowhide choppers
    -2 layers of thermals top and bottom,
    -Extra long uniform shirt and 2 layer UPS coat
    -Ski mask/bank robbers mask, UPS wool hat
    -Scarf made from Icelandic wool by my dear departed mother.

Only skin exposed is a tint bit around the eyes
    I never get cold wearing this gear, could not care less about mobility when it is below 0

15. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

I'll post pictures of my official ups sweater that bought in 97 that still wear sometimes and the one I had made three years ago that unofficial. The 97 one I call the relic when anyone asks me about it.

16. barnyard

For socks, I wear liner socks and then smart wool or similar over them. I have 200 gram, 600 gram and 1000 gram thinsulate boots that I wear depending on temps. I have 2 pair of each so that I start the day with a dry pair.

17. barnyard

We have 3 guys in my center that have those. All wool, so very warm.

18. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

I love wearing a sweater. I like to look a little different from the rest.

19. barnyard

I think they were in the 1st catalog I looked at when I started driving. I think it was $80, so I passed. Now I regret it.

20. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

I honestly don't remember. My wife bought it for me. There was one with the liner and without. I have the one without and its warm as hell. I hate wearing a coat so both come in handy.