winters here...what r u wearing

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are some dicks that would enforce it but why, is my question. What harm is it to UPS that driver was wearing an UA, NF, or any other hoodie or article of clothing that is warm and comfortable. The hoodie, maybe I can understand as blocking your peripheral vision and possibly causing a subdued hearing level but other things?

The visible logo implies endorsement by the Company.

Holydriver

I like the guys that'll wear 5 layers up top and then have shorts on when its in the teens. They're like LT. Dangle from Reno 911- gotta have shorts to be quick like a cheetah.

I like the issued removable vest inside the zip up jacket and the brown beanie they have me. I drive country so my side door is only open when parked. Close it every time I drive and I'm toasty enough. Luckily I haven't had a truck with a broken heater though, but I know that day will happen

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
10 degrees this morning.
Bottom; under armour infrared base, pants.
Top; under armour infrared base, turtle neck, crew shirt, uniform shirt and a vest. Cannot wear the jacket, feel like a brown stay-puff marshmallow man with it on.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Cannot wear the jacket, feel like a brown stay-puff marshmallow man with it on.

http://t12.deviantart.net/rFYkjdNtxUoWZ2tQT8A--0n9ph8=/300x200/filters:fixed_height%28100,100%29:origin%28%29/pre01/3229/th/pre/friend/2008/124/6/4/stay_puft_marshmallow_man_by_mayozilla.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
th

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Sometimes I close the driver door; never the other one.

I'm amazed at how you guys/gals deal with extreme cold; just don't understand why you live there.

One winter in Chicago a long time ago, convinced me I don't want any part of that.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
first cold day of the year..in the teens where I'm at. Had 6 layers on up top(shirts) n 2 layers of pants..as I said in a previous post I HATE wearing a ton of clothes feel clostraphobic(sp)....j/w what everyone else wears to keep warm but not feel like the young kid from a Xmas story.
The teens and you needed 6 layers of clothes?

I would of wore cold gear under my long sleeve shirt that's it. If it was really windy also I might of put my jacket on.

Brownslave688

10 degrees this morning.
Bottom; under armour infrared base, pants.
Top; under armour infrared base, turtle neck, crew shirt, uniform shirt and a vest. Cannot wear the jacket, feel like a brown stay-puff marshmallow man with it on.
I used to make fun of everyone that wore the vest. Then they got my order wrong and sent me one. It is awesome.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I should probably wear gloves also. To keep my hands from cracking but I don't.

There's a lot to be said for keeping lotion in your truck. In the winter, every time you wash your hands...lotion. Before you go to sleep at night put Vaseline on your hands. I bet you won't have to worry about your hands cracking.

Brownslave688

There's a lot to be said for keeping lotion in your truck. In the winter, every time you wash your hands...lotion. Before you go to sleep at night put Vaseline on your hands. I bet you won't have to worry about your hands cracking.
okeefes working hands before I go to bed works for the most part.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
There are some dicks that would enforce it but why, is my question. What harm is it to UPS that driver was wearing an UA, NF, or any other hoodie or article of clothing that is warm and comfortable. The hoodie, maybe I can understand as blocking your peripheral vision and possibly causing a subdued hearing level but other things?
It's all about the company image. They want everybody to look the same and professional.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
6 layers on top and 2 on the bottom? You are clearly overdressed.

It was in the single numbers here all day yesterday. I had my UA tops and bottoms, two pairs of socks, LS shirt, pants, coat and hat. I don't wear gloves. I was very comfortable.
It's almost like people have different levels of comfort in cold conditions. Weird, right?

rod

Retired 22 years
Sometimes I close the driver door; never the other one.

I'm amazed at how you guys/gals deal with extreme cold; just don't understand why you live there.

One winter in Chicago a long time ago, convinced me I don't want any part of that.

Extreme cold can be a bitch to work in but just your average 0 and above is a piece of cake. The real determining factor is the wind. Twenty below with no wind isn't bad at all but 10 above with a 20mph wind will chill you to the bone. Its all in what you get used to. Around here after a long cold spell when the temp warms up to 30 most people don't even were a jacket (if they aren't going to be outside for too long). Extreme hot (especially with high humidity) or extreme cold both can be a unbearable. For the most part I never minded the cold unless I had on 5 layers of clothes and then got stuck in some 80 degree office waiting on a cod ck.