Wisconsin Court Deems Right to Work Illegal

Browntown2014

I agree that seasonal employees should not have to pay dues or initiation fees. I also agree that PTers should have a lower multiplier than FTers. However, I do not believe that an employee should be able to use union benefits without at least paying an agency fee, which is usually a bit lower than traditional dues, not do I believe that the union should post lists of those who do and don't pay dues. That is no one's business.

I see no reason why a union can't post a member list.

Holydriver

"Tons and tons"???
Yea, but you obviously researched this and decided union was the best for you. I mean, look in your local area on indeed.com for various jobs that are available. If you're in a very rural area then union is your best option, if you live near a metro area you have plenty of options. But again, you obviously researched this yourself

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
"Tons and tons"???
Yea, but you obviously researched this and decided union was the best for you. I mean, look in your local area on indeed.com for various jobs that are available. If you're in a very rural area then union is your best option, if you live near a metro area you have plenty of options. But again, you obviously researched this yourself
You made the statement, not me?
I live in a mid-major metropolis, with a high school diploma.
Educate me.

Holydriver

I agree that seasonal employees should not have to pay dues or initiation fees. I also agree that PTers should have a lower multiplier than FTers. However, I do not believe that an employee should be able to use union benefits without at least paying an agency fee, which is usually a bit lower than traditional dues, not do I believe that the union should post lists of those who do and don't pay dues. That is no one's business.
I agree to this, non paying members shouldn't get union protection.

Maybe posting the list of paying/non paying in a RTW state would help the union counter RTW laws? Potentially beneficial for unions?

I personally don't care who pays and who doesn't...not my business.