Woke School District Cancels All Halloween Activities, Reason Given: "Diversity, Equity and Inclusion"???

vantexan

IMO intolerance of sin is not love.
It is the opposite of love.
Tolerance of sin isn't showing love. It's a failure to warn others that participating in sinful behavior can cause you to lose your soul. I know you don't take the New Testament in its entirety, but we are told that if a Christian refuses to give up a sin then he is to be shunned. That's a far cry from tippy toeing around what others do. We all sin, but there's a difference between falling short and continuing to live in sin. For example if a married man is having an affair and refuses to stop. It brings reproach on the Lord's Church. He's given the opportunity to stop but if he refuses then he's to be shunned.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Tolerance of sin isn't showing love. It's a failure to warn others that participating in sinful behavior can cause you to lose your soul. I know you don't take the New Testament in its entirety, but we are told that if a Christian refuses to give up a sin then he is to be shunned. That's a far cry from tippy toeing around what others do. We all sin, but there's a difference between falling short and continuing to live in sin. For example if a married man is having an affair and refuses to stop. It brings reproach on the Lord's Church. He's given the opportunity to stop but if he refuses then he's to be shunned.
Once the plank is out of your own eye then have at it. Until then keep working on your plank.

That’s what the Bible teaches at least.

nWo

Our culture celebrates Halloween. It's a day of fun for the children.

Want to move to America and not partake in some festivities? OK by us, but do not surprised if see things you may not like.

Folk that move here bend for us, not the other way around.

The kids can still celebrate Halloween. Stop being a snowflake.

vantexan

Once the plank is out of your own eye then have at it. Until then keep working on your plank.

That’s what the Bible teaches at least.
Of course it does. But church leadership is charged with protecting the integrity of the congregation. If a member refuses to give up a sin but continues to live in sin then he is to be shunned. I didn't write it but because an apostle of Christ did I believe I have a duty to live by that to the best of my ability.

Let's say the sin is drug abuse. Do you as a church elder have a duty to try to help the individual but if he refuses to give up meth then do you have a responsibility to protect others in your congregation, especially impressionable teens, from his actions? Saying it's up to Jesus and failing to act is a dereliction of your duty to protect your congregation. Shunning puts it on the shunned member to realize the gravity of their actions and to change for the better if they want to remain in the Lord's Church.

newolddude

F9n6VxGXUAA-I5E

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You follow your own brand of Christianity. Cherry picking what you like from the Bible, you seem to have no belief in divine retribution for sinners. Everyone goes to heaven as long as they repent at the last minute. Lol
Isn't that what HayZues did for that punk on the adjacent cross?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
You follow your own brand of Christianity. Cherry picking what you like from the Bible, you seem to have no belief in divine retribution for sinners. Everyone goes to heaven as long as they repent at the last minute. Lol
I've never even read the repent part at the last minute.