Work Comp claims.

Johney

Shoulder surgery is brutal. Any tear in your rotator cuff that requires surgery is at least a six month recovery time and the P/T is painful. Glad to hear you have no tear. Hopefully P/T will fix you up.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Update: Had surgery yesterday, finally. More damage than originally thought. I had bone spurs that had to be removed and a detached bicep along with the damaged cartilage. I'd stay on longer but I HURT and typing left handed SUCKS!

Johney

Update: Had surgery yesterday, finally. More damage than originally thought. I had bone spurs that had to be removed and a detached bicep along with the damaged cartilage. I'd stay on longer but I HURT and typing left handed SUCKS!
It always seems to be worse once they get in there. Good luck dilli and a speedy recovery.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Friday is my last day of physical therapy. The following Friday I go see my surgeon. I suspect that he will be releasing me back to work Mar 11. Oh joy. :dissapointed:

menotyou

bella amicizia
My boss called and begged for me to come in on Fri, instead of Thur. He will be putting me on a lighter route to start. Hopefully, for 3 weeks.

Uh, sure. Whatever. I am not back on the payroll, yet. As far as the lighter route, I guess they had to train on a route for when mine gets cut. I would rather have this route than many of the others. So, sure, I'll be a nice chickadee and play along.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have no delusions. Mondays SUCK. I have no doubt that I will not be given any concessions. The only thing that MIGHT be in my favor is my OR will be with me all day. More than likely, that won't account for scratch.

barnyard

KTM rider
I was off for close to a year after surgery on both shoulders. I went back and it did not work. Went back for 4 more weeks of PT, added new exercises and did PT for 4 hours, instead of 2. After a week, I knew things were going to work out. We got to the end of the 4 weeks and I went back and things have been fine.

Fine except for getting a rental at peak. My shoulders were fried after peak. Thankfully, I had the week of New Years on vaca, took the Friday before as a PH and the Thursday as a lay off. Worked the day after Christmas and had 12 days off. I stretched and did yoga during vaca and came back feeling fantastic.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I think it'll be ok. I'm doing 2 hrs of PT 3 days a week and not sweatin it. Not looking forward to going back just because the rest of me is out of shape. LOL

barnyard

KTM rider
My last 4 weeks were 4 hours of PT/5 days a week. It was a combination of work conditioning and shoulder conditioning/PT. I also rode my bicycle to and from PT, plus added another 5-10 miles a day.

By the time I went back to work, I was in better shape than when I started driving.

The one shocking/surprising thing for me was the weight I put on during comp. I was about 200 when I went out, up to 230 when I went back and am now down to 185ish. I was eating healthy and all that, it freaked me out how much I gained. The doc said that as long as I was eating well, the weight would eventually come off and it did.