Working off the clock

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yeah me too.

Off topic

Had my cell phone stolen from my truck today, Like an idiot I went to the door where I knew the kids lived. They were in my cab when I came back off the porch next door. They swore up and down they didnt take it, I didnt actually accuse them. I just said hey after you guys were in my truck where you werent suppose to be, I noticed my phone gone, any ideas? The one had asked what the jump seat was for, and when I was getting out of my truck at the end of the day, thats where it was! Tucked in btween. Should I go back and tell the parents, or just let it go?
Bet Im over 2 today!!

brown bomber

brown bomber
don't know where you are located however the big "safety and security" program has started in this region...please make sure to follow all safety & security guidelines..

Griff

So you are saying this guy does 50 SPORH during Christmas and 40 on a average basis? WOW!!! It just ain't possible. That equals 1 delivery for every 1.5 minute.
If he can do it I want a blood transfusion from him.

He doesn't get back in at 2PM during peak, but yes his SPORH is not of this earth. It speaks volumes about management, since anyone with a brain can see something unsafe is going on there. I had the honor of seeing him deliver one street of his residential section. He delivers both sides at the same time and zigzags all the way up the street, he is back in the truck starting it up again before it stops rocking.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Yeah me too.

Off topic

Had my cell phone stolen from my truck today, Like an idiot I went to the door where I knew the kids lived. They were in my cab when I came back off the porch next door. They swore up and down they didnt take it, I didnt actually accuse them. I just said hey after you guys were in my truck where you werent suppose to be, I noticed my phone gone, any ideas? The one had asked what the jump seat was for, and when I was getting out of my truck at the end of the day, thats where it was! Tucked in btween. Should I go back and tell the parents, or just let it go?
Bet Im over 2 today!!
I always try to worn the kids 1st. Never know if they have abusive parents who would really tan their back side for really just being kids.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Thats what I thought, but the one kid just likes trucks, hes a good kid for the area, the other kid I didnt know and thats why I went to the one kids house was to find the other kid. I wanted to not have him be in trouble or have trouble from him 5 yrs from now. I shouldnt have even done what I did, but it P***ed me off. I have warned them that they are on video, the camera:wink: and it doesnt deter them. If my kids had ever climbed in a vehicle I would have beat them to close to a pulp. What if I was a pervert? I could lock em in the back and drive away.
Brown bomber, my truck was locked up I had the keys, how do you keep em out of the cab?????????? Or off the bumper. Counting Kids, is the only way. And how do I code out time for that?????????????????????????

Hangingon

Our little runner (cover driver) averages over 50 an hour, and I think at peak he was hitting 65 an hour w/o a helper. They insist he is using all the methods of course, and want to know why we can't hit the same numbers. I guess they're just waiting on the tier 3 accident and will say they had no idea he wasn't driving safely.

Overpaid Union Thug

I heard a guy say he had 11 hours of bonus a few weeks ago and I just thought to myself...."So you are one of the guys that's keeping me from going full-time?" It's all these "runners" that are keeping our routes down and the rest of the drivers that work correctly are getting screwed. A friend of mine is full-time unassigned and he said he can always tell when a runner has been on a route because it'll have more stops on it then it normally would have before. I think bonus is a terrible idea. Take it away and you'll see less people running all day.

raceanoncr

I heard a guy say he had 11 hours of bonus a few weeks ago and I just thought to myself...."So you are one of the guys that's keeping me from going full-time?" It's all these "runners" that are keeping our routes down and the rest of the drivers that work correctly are getting screwed. A friend of mine is full-time unassigned and he said he can always tell when a runner has been on a route because it'll have more stops on it then it normally would have before. I think bonus is a terrible idea. Take it away and you'll see less people running all day.

Big, am in different operation than you (feeders) but we see the same prob. We've got guys on mileage runs that run their arse off to get back and make an extra p/u on O/T. Mileage runs were set up so that you are hooked when you start, meet man is sposed to be there, when you get home, you just post-trip and beat feet outta there. Now, they're begging for P/U's.
Hourlies same way. We got long hourlies hustlin back to make P/U's.
I feel if we just run our run the way it's sposed to be, they'd hafta make more runs to cover this xtra stuff. Sad, most don't feel this way.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Thats what I thought, but the one kid just likes trucks, hes a good kid for the area, the other kid I didnt know and thats why I went to the one kids house was to find the other kid. I wanted to not have him be in trouble or have trouble from him 5 yrs from now. I shouldnt have even done what I did, but it P***ed me off. I have warned them that they are on video, the camera:wink: and it doesnt deter them. If my kids had ever climbed in a vehicle I would have beat them to close to a pulp. What if I was a pervert? I could lock em in the back and drive away.
Brown bomber, my truck was locked up I had the keys, how do you keep em out of the cab?????????? Or off the bumper. Counting Kids, is the only way. And how do I code out time for that?????????????????????????
Ive got a buddy who delivers in a rougher area and hes always giving the kids pops and candy. I asked him why, he said hopefully they wont rob him when they get older.LOL

browniehound

When the vacation money, college fund, anniversary savings or retirement come up short, find a mirror. You just gave away $5,000.

Braveheart,
I'm not going to criticize anybody who wants to get home earlier to see their famlily. Maybe 5,000 per year is worth it to them. You can't put a price tag on family life. But, at the same time, that same 5,000 wasted on not taking lunch, over 30 years, compounded at 10% would easily make you a million bucks and the you can retire early and then spend all the time you want with your family.

Cole

Be careful around kids, please make sure to tell them kindly to stay away from the truck. Something happens to them and the driver is always at fault.

You never know what someone may accuse you of. We had a driver give a kid some change out his pocket and was accused of falsley of possible leud acts etc... So please be careful.

Before we had cameras I used to have some kids in the old neighborhood I delivered to that would be waiting to try and jump and the bumper, and one got on without me knowing it, and I saw the little girl fall off the back bumper. Thankl goodness she was ok, as I was going slow, but if her parents tried to sue, you know who would have been up the creek.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I try to be friendly to them. some of them I am the most normal person they will ever see. And since I did find my phone where they stuck it, they probaly got in trouble for getting in my truck as they well should. They need to learn, you just dont jump on peoples vehicles or get in them. Too bad I had to knock on the door and answer the "who is it" 30 times...Shouldnt they be looking out their windows to see where and what the kids are doin?

C

CrazyD

At our center we are not allowed in our trucks until start time or you will be written up. Our stewards made this happen.

705red

Browncafe Steward
At our center we are not allowed in our trucks until start time or you will be written up. Our stewards made this happen.
You seem upset over this? YOU shouldnt work for free or through your lunch for anything or anyone. Sounds like you have some real good stewards there with you. But your probably vote them out for doing there job and ENFORCING the contract, hope there replacement knows how to argue for you when you get terminated, or suspended for bs.

Overpaid Union Thug

That wouldn't fly here. Even our die hard opponents of working off the clock go to their trucks to put their personal items inside. Such as coolers, back packs, logs, etc. Then they had back to the "BS Area" where the drivers all stand around and socialize before start time.

705red

Browncafe Steward
That wouldn't fly here. Even our die hard opponents of working off the clock go to their trucks to put their personal items inside. Such as coolers, back packs, logs, etc. Then they had back to the "BS Area" where the drivers all stand around and socialize before start time.
Your allowed in your cabs to put your personal stuff in, but not allowed to enter the truck and load it or massage the load at all. If you do a good steward will get you paid plus the senior driver paid.